Timing Belt - Any Heavy Duty Replacements out there?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I know that Gates Belt have oe replacement for our cars, part number is T1028

but do they make them in T1028RB

or does anyone else have any other alternative?

Power Enterprise? HKS? anything?

just wanting to know, so I can prepare all the parts soon

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I'm in talks with GATES at the moment to produce a Gates Racing belt. I'll have my answer in 2 weeks.
I'm a firm believer that "strenght" belts are all bullshit. There is no reason a timing belt should have to be stronger than the "standard" varieties. I'm yet to see a standard belt snap within it's recommended life, on standard cars and also hi-po stuff. They are only there to look cool imho.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm confused, if you think a standard one is fine why are you in talked with gates to make a race one?

Not that I'm against it, I wouldn't mind getting a good gates belt when the time comes :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I'm in talks with GATES at the moment to produce a Gates Racing belt. I'll have my answer in 2 weeks.
I'm a firm believer that "strenght" belts are all bullshit. There is no reason a timing belt should have to be stronger than the "standard" varieties. I'm yet to see a standard belt snap within it's recommended life, on standard cars and also hi-po stuff. They are only there to look cool imho.

let me know when you get results :) im in for 2, to help with orders

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Not that I'm against it, I wouldn't mind getting a good gates belt when the time comes :p
That's my point exactly lol. I know it is what people want, I know I would be able to sell some and people always like saying they have "racing" parts in the car despite it never seing a race track.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Pfffft race track posers :p haha.

I can say I have taken my car to the track at least once :) and I agree, everyone loves race parts.

Top Bottom