Tommo aka Thomas // SA

G

Unregistered
Hey Hey

I am new to the Legnum arena. I have had a mitsu lancer with a 2.0L mivec v6 till I parked it in the back on another. Looking for a 2000 legnum would like a white one but a purple one would be great as well. I am driving a 04 Commodore SV6 no mods as of yet but twin superchargers on the way and nitro if money permits. I need a wagon as I have a newborn son so the Legnum is a perfect compromise between family and power. How far can one go in the way of mods on the stock motor and how reliable are they in general can my wife use one as a everyday driver. ANY help would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
have you got photos of your lancer? Is this a CE lancer with an FTO engine in it? I have heard of this being done, but only in the eastern states...didnt realise we had one in SA! Completely written off?

Good choice with the legnum - their pretty reliable if you treat them right. The pearl white looks amazing (and stays pretty clean too) - the trigger mauve (purple) looks slightly better, but they are much harder to keep clean.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Tommo - Agree with Simon that white pearl is a great choice, even when arriving my car didnt look to bad and was filthy! LOL

G

Unregistered
i have a few photos but i have just moved so cant find the photos nar it was a cc lancer looked stock only lowered and mags but in showroom cond. yeah totaled 90km into a excel that went into a nissan patrol. bit like hitting a brick wall. Only got 250 for scrap metal.

G

Unregistered
Hi there tommo, not a fan of the commonwhore myself but good to see ur looking after the misses with the Legnum ... LOL
I bet once u get in one u'll want one for yourself :) hopefully we can convince u.

Enjoy the site and good luck with finding a nice leggy.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Hi Tommo and welcome.I use the car to take three kids to and from two different schools every day they love it just as much as I do. I'm sure as takumi said you will want one for yourself because my husbands desperate for one himself but with finances it's not possible. Mel

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey Mel,

Ahhh it is your car...you are gonna have to ditch the hubby with the kids sometimes and come to some wash meets etc

G

Unregistered
Hey Tommo welcome, firstly you are going to have to lose that avatar around here. But if you are after a perfect compromise this is the car for you. My criteria were the same I've had a 12 second wrx and a really hot supra amongst lots of other cars and so I'm quite particular about what i drive and so is my wife. Just started doing it up and it currently produces 175kw at the wheels which is good for about a high 13 s quarter and fast enough to embarass most wrx's. About to go bigger turbos or big single and looking for low 13s and over 200kw atw. And they look hot if done up right, just check out some on the member's rides.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Hey

I am new to the Legnum arena. I have had a mitsu lancer with a 2.0L mivec v6 till I parked it in the back on another. Looking for a 2000 legnum would like a white one but a purple one would be great as well. I am driving a 04 Commodore SV6 no mods as of yet but twin superchargers on the way and nitro if money permits. I need a wagon as I have a newborn son so the Legnum is a perfect compromise between family and power. How far can one go in the way of mods on the stock motor and how reliable are they in general can my wife use one as a everyday driver. ANY help would be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giday Thomas,

Bigger 600x300x76 intercooler, IC hard piping, twin dump pipes + 3" exhaust, walbro foolpump, xedy piggyback ecu are all items that are currently in the early stages of production and testing. These mods should give around 200kw atw with out having to add injectors, and upgrade turbos etc.

Just with a simple manual boost controller I'm able to keep up with most aussie V8's, so there's oodles of potential in these engines!!

Welcome to the forum and best of fortune buying a purple leggy!!:)

G

Unregistered
Hey Hey

The Leggy will be mine but on the odd days when the missus uses the car I want it to be perfectly reliable. I didnt want a commo but the wife wanted one so as soon as i get a chance I will have a Leggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NEED TO CONVINCE me just my wife

G

Unregistered
Hi Tommo.
Yes my wife drove our leggy for the first time last week and we have had the car for 8 months.
She used to drive a new alfa 156 back in Melbourne and she said it was really nice to drive peacfully instead of sitting next to me hooning around and redlining the tiptronic.
Its a great car for the missus and a beast especially with me only having to worry about a speeding fine of 4-8 bucks even if I am doing 120 in a fifty zone.
Got to love the old russian states and love the vr4 as its like a godzilla GTR just without the price tag.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Its a great car for the missus and a beast especially with me only having to worry about a speeding fine of 4-8 bucks even if I am doing 120 in a fifty zone.

Just make sure you don't stack it at 120 in a fifty zone... 4-8 bucks isn't enough to fix your car or pay the medical bills!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Welcome to OZVR4 Tommo, it'd be interesting to see what you think of going to the Legnum from the SV6 :)

Top Bottom