Torque settings for air intake manifold??

Boblobsta

"I'll keep it stock"
Lifetime Member
First Name
Bob
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Type-V
1976 Leyland Mini Panelvan
Does anyone know the torque settings for the 3+2+2 bolts on the stock 6a13tt intake intake manifold?

Thanks !!
- Boblobsta

Boblobsta

"I'll keep it stock"
Lifetime Member
First Name
Bob
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Type-V
1976 Leyland Mini Panelvan
I've read 20nm (14.75 ft lbs) online, but I wanted to check if anyone knew better because it's something I'd rather get right than just close enough :)

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
can we replace the bolts with stainless stud? many intake manifold alloy thread destroy due to over torque. anybody knows what and where to get stud that suit nicely as replacement? i already use stud in outer left and right intake manifold. really help me to get manifold installed i imagine it will be fun to replace all manifold bolts with stud to install intake manifold with no worry for over torque. maybe ozvr4 trader can supply the kits for us with nice stud crown :D

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Just any old threaded bar of the right pitch cut to length. They're not head studs, so they don't need to be made from high grade steel.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Just any old threaded bar of the right pitch cut to length. They're not head studs, so they don't need to be made from high grade steel.

yep but we need the rust resistant stud al least. i think i will just hone and re thread the stock intake manifold bolt

Top Bottom