tow hook cover

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

my THC arrived at Dandy Mitsu yesterday so I raced down to pick it up because im sick of having an incomplete front bar especially since i had it resprayed and now is pristine. I park in the driveway that leads into their service area and im down on the ground pressing the little clips through when one gets stuck...

I keep pushing... not too hard, being ever so mindful of pressure etc when one of the esteemed service guys comes up and asks me seriously, "do you want a hammer?" i looked up and laughed uneasily and said... "dude... its fibreglass..." haha i put my hand round the back of it and found a small piece blocking the hole on the other side... no hammer needed. :) scary bast**d...

all in all... it looks sweet now... with coils and rims coming close to the same time... ill drop it and throw the hyper gold P1 2's on and she'll be apples!

G

Unregistered
where about would the screws go guys... the back of the lip that sits in the middle of the bar??would it come out the front of it?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I put mine either side of the cover. Where the clips go but closer to the engine end.

I only screwed mine when i had the bumper off as i drilled the hole thru both and not much room while it is attached.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
If you use screws you can risk doing some pretty serious damage when otherwise the tow cover would have just popped off. The tow cover can catch on parking blocks etc and if you have screws in it will pull the kit until something snaps. I had screws in mine and found it was a pretty bad idea, the plastic clips are fine and hold tight as long as you put them in properly in the first place. :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Two small tabs of sikaflex will hold things firmly together while relatively easy to remove without damage if required. Or you could attach it permanently and accept the same fact those of us with aftermarket bumpers have always faced - you can't ever tow the car from the front end *shrugs*

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
The screws are right at the back of the bumper so it will not hook on stuff. the cover is the same height as the bumper so it will all go regardless of the cover.

G

Unregistered
Come on Brett, show us a picture of your new tow hook cover. Spice the thread up a bit :D

Hey sorry mate ive been working flat out the whole weekend... i might end up doing sum pretty sweet car wash shots later haha

Its on there pretty good atm.. the two points under near the tray of the cover are wedge in firmly and yeah the clips arent going anywhere..

Top Bottom