Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
I'm bored waiting for my new engine, so I bought a cheap eBay spec fully hektic jdm tow strap for my Legnum.

I was wondering if anyone has put one on a VR4 before? I google image search turned up nothing.

In true hard parker fashion, this won't actually be used for towing, I just want the tongue sticking out the bumper look, so this will likely be zip tied into place somewhere. However, if there is a proper way to do it, let's find out for future reference.

Keen to see some pics as well!

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
There should be a spot to hook it on if you don't have your front grill mesh, near the Intercooler on the top right passenger side from memory

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
Although my reo bar is cut because intercooler. So there might be a spot closer to the centre if the bar is still in tact.

rockerpeller

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Will
Drive
TJII Magna VRX
2000 VR4 Galant Type V manual
I'll have a look under my car after work. My car used to have a front tow strap, so I'll see if there's any evidence of where it used to bolt/weld to the front.
Still need to remove the rear tow strap, but that's welded to the spare wheel well.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
Obviously there's the tow hook behind the tow hook cover (on the 20% of VR4s that have tow hook covers), but it is more of a hook than a bolt hole for the strap.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
Put mine in this afternoon, just using a bolt, washer and nut through the hole in the pictures above. That bar had been cut by a previous owner to make room for the intercooler, so I was able to access both sides of the hole relatively easily. Might not be the same story for other VR4s.

Tow strap.jpg

Top Bottom