Towbar - group buy

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
Hi all

based on previous info on here i went into Halls Towbars today.

Two main options: Standard towbar (tongue) can give a load rating of between 1000-1200kg and they don't need to cut out a piece of yr back bumper (they actually do, but it is underneath, would be a small piece, basically unnoticeable - could push for no cutting at all, that would lower the towbar slightly affecting back ground clearance - my hunch is there are plenty of other things that will scrape first. I don't know how that would impact lowered cars.

And heavy duty, the square one that they would push out through the bumper, that u would always see - 1600-1800kg. Again could put it underneath the bumper, but would lose too much in clearance imho.

Costs: $440 standard, $700 HD. If we get 3 or 4 to book in (standard is my preferred option) they can get it down to $350. He has been burnt before so wants bookings, or he will provide the discount to the last person who then reimburses the others - bookings would be my preference.

Any takers, i know there r a few doing the auto fix so $ might be tight, but it is a decent saving.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Tell me the timeframe you are thinking. You're right that with the auto fix, I'd be out for at least 3 months.

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
Depends on response here. I'm pretty keen but waiting won't kill me

G

Unregistered
can the towbar be supply only?
id love to get one but unfortunately im in sydney.

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Count me in too, but at the moment I have other priorities first. I'll need around 8-12 weeks.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Everyone seems to be happy with later rather than sooner, if we can arrange a date I'm in. Did their price go up on July 1? It was $400.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Id also be keen, with the standard, will you always have the tongue hanging out?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'd be keen also but dont want it to be visible (dont need the HD).
I also have the dolphin rear bar extension so mine might need additional clearance which may not work.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
With the tongue removed, you can not see it on mine.
I don't know when the price went up, I was quoted $450 September last year, and paid $450 in Feb/March this year.

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
The tongue is removeable on the standard and that seems to be the general preference at 1000-1200kg just 2 bolts to get it off.

I reckon postage to Sydney would kill any saving u'd make as looking at it theres going to be a few kilos of steel in it.

No idea if price has gone up or down - if you have had a cheaper quote maybe u could hit them up and we can get it down more?

Sounds like there are enough here, possible start date end of September?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Will they be available for a sedan too?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
If he can post to Sydney I'm in (although i'd want to know the final cost first) as I don't know of anyone up here doing them

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
If he can post to Sydney I'm in (although i'd want to know the final cost first) as I don't know of anyone up here doing them

dude we have been talking bout it... we have ronded it down to 2 places in sydney (one in auburn and the other in leichhardt). Price is comparable too.

PM me if and when ur interested as i can (and am trying) to organise one here.

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
Hi all

i am looking at calling Halls towbars tomorrow. I am thinking that if i get a quote reference (name or number) then everyone can book in on that so they r aware of the applicable discount. That is assuming there are still three or more prospectives. After i have spoken with them i will post more details up. Am thinking they may request everyone make a booking within a wk or so for whenever in the future

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
Ok finally got there.
Price is $350 if we get more than 3 book in before the 01/10/2010. $450 if not more than 3.
Just need to mention OZVR4 group buy.
People still interested or am i up for $450?

engie tommo

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Tommo
Drive
2001 Pearl White Legnum, TR Magna
I'm in for sure. That's for the standard 1000-1200kg version fitted, yeah?

Also, may seem like a stupid question, but does that include the socket and wiring? Also what type of socket would it come with? Personally I'd prefer a 7 pin flat as it'd probably look a lot cleaner than the round type.

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
no stupid questions i asked them about it and from memory they preferred the flat one for hiding in the boot, but if people wanted others they were open.

and yeah 1000-1200kg

thats two, one more and i'll book in and be the first bunny and we get $100 off

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I had mine fitted with the flat 7 pin from halls mounted to the bottom of the rear bar. It is barely noticeable. I would steer clear of mounting it in the boot, as when you use it, you will scratch the rear bar.

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
I am interested however can't do it on that day have to work.
Would they be able to do mine sat? For same price?
Otherwise can only get there bout 3pm that day after work.

Top Bottom