TRAX Siverstone UK

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
TRAX Silverstone UK

any news of the guys that went or did not?

G

Unregistered
Hello...

Just got back from Trax now. Was a very good first seession for me, being a track virgin and all.

Weather was crap though - WET all the way. Track was very greasy all the way round. Some hairy moments too, I think for all of us that went on track.

The pic that I bought actually caught me in that moment when the back was beginning to slide out. Kiteman was right behind me then. Good photo though. Will upload it once I scan it up.

Good to see some faces from the club too.

Upgraded brakes, here I come :D

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
glad you all got round in 1 piece

G

Unregistered
loving it loving loving it loving it loving it!

oh did i mention i absolutely loved it!

Trax itself is very chavtastic and made me nervous in briefing when all the spotty teenagers were going on about their fords fiascos and what not!!

Just trying to salvage some footage from my helmet cam. sadly it was misaligned for most of the time so got LOADS of footage of my dash!

I will upload some pics later.

Right now sitting on my mantlepiece is the official photographers snap of two silver legnums going hard into priory in torrents of rain!

G

Unregistered
The day started out with a very leisurely 70odd mile trip to the services off the M1. Met up with Mike (miller), Marcin (Nevman), and Nick (Mann) ;)
We managed to gatecrash a MG meet at the services – got some very curious looks from a few of them as my car rolled past exhaust blaring!

Anyway, after a few minutes waiting around, we headed out to Silverstone (using Nick's “secret” back roads route – which was damn good fun before Trax even began). Saw some unhappy people on the way there too. A Sierra Cosworth at a 45 degree angle with his back end up high on an embankment just off a roundabout!!! Idiot must have booted it coming off the round about, back slipped out and 'boosh' – unhappy idiot Cossy owner.

We then see a police lane closure. 3 Vauxhall Calibras involved in an incident. Back Calibra with front damage, middle and front Calibras with both front and rear damage. Must have been a 4th involved and scarpered! Not a happy bunch today on the Calibra Owners Club then...

Nick's back road route was actually quicker and much more fun than the A43 and we got to Silverstone well ahead of a convoy of Imprezas. They did however push in in line while waiting to get into the parking area at Silverstone.

Once in our designated parking area, we say a quick hello to Kiteman and Malc. But we had to rush to get to the briefing cos it took 40mins to get in. Mike and I both missed our 'scheduled' briefing at 9.20am but got in the 9.40am one instead. Nick, on the other hand, managed to sign up, pay up, and get into the 9.20am briefing!!

So the briefing goes as expected – explaining its wet so take it easy, explain the flags etc etc.

Weather had been holding, kind of. Not raining but almost like a misty rain falling. Ground was very wet, but no real need to use wipers.

So for the first session... Tommy (Kiteman's second session), Malc, Mike and little old me, at the back of the queue to get on track. I'm very relieved to see only one car behind me. A silver Pug 106 with blue stickers. Being a newbie, I thought I'd let him pass once we are on track and I'll have no-one behind waiting on me so I can take it easy.

As we actually get on track behind the pace car, he is right up my arse and making me more nervous than I should be. Anyway, I get on track, up to the first bend and 'whoooaaaaa', back end going, going, going, AYC working overtime. John managed to see this from the stands. Very hairy first moment for me. Managed to catch the back end just in time. VERY VERY slippery track. So for the pace lap, I'm going slow, but still sliding all over the place on the corners. The Pug meanwhile, is right on my rear end and I'm thinking, just go past will you, I let him through and he passes and over the next lap or two manages to get past Mike (around 5 or 6 cars ahead but well out of my view). Mike can takeover commentary here as he saw the guy lose it, but we got red flagged then losing at least 6-7 minutes of our session. An early end and a somewhat crap first session overall – for me anyway. Enjoyed it until the red flag ruined my progress.

We get back to our parking lot and catch up with the guys there. Have a chat about the session – by the way, Nick is on track as we get off – and just gossip. As Nick returns, Heath and Jane arrive to say hello (HJM).

It starts to rain now, steady, annoying, almost sideways rain, and we hijack an Impreza owners club gazebo as John went walkabout leaving the CVR4 gazebo bits in his boot. After a while of chatting and talking cars, we get the CVR4 gazebo up.

As session two approaches, we get ready to head to track and find a collection of RX7s in line, with a solitary TVR Tuscan at the back. It is still drizzling rain at this point, so the track is wet, with surface water and not like the earlier session where it was just very greasy. As we get on track, I'm with Mike and Tommy, but couldn't keep up with them once the pace car went in. While the pace car was out though, I managed another hairy moment with Kiteman right behind me! Back end tried to get around me again, but I got it back with opposite lock getting th car to catch quite violently. I think this was where my photo was actually taken as Kiteman was right behind me!

I took this session slower than the first and had still caught up to 3 RX7s. I got past ok – they were sensible drivers to be fair, not like the c*ocks in the earlier session – and was picking up speed and confidence within the first two laps. Then I see the TVR sideways on the track up ahead, and slow to give him room to recover. So I now have a TVR and a RX7 in front of me, and see another 2 RX7s out for the count. One facing the wrong way, and the other crawling through the grass with the rear tyres barely keeping traction and moving the car forward. Anyway, I'm picking up speed, and get past the TVR and RX7 and have a clear track in front of me, and I overdo it on a few corners by going in too quick. No real incidents or anything, just overshooting the corners. Overall, a great second session for me. Came off track feeling great.

Car felt better in the rain. I could feel it holding the track more even though there was more surface water. A great session for me, which has got me hooked. New bigger brakes please :D

So we head back to our stand, have a chat about the session, hear about the Lotus (Reese) from Mike and Nick, have a gossip. Have a wander round the chav markets. Mike and I picked up two great photos of each of us on track. His photo with me in the background. My photo with Kiteman in the background.

After which, I headed home... and had a play with an Evo FQ320 on the A43.

So that was my day at Trax...

LOL

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
good write up there mate :cool:

G

Unregistered
Great write up Atik and great to see a few VR4s on track again :cool:

I have a few pics of you guys but they aren't great, so I'm really pleased that you bought some good ones :ROFLMAO: Unfortunately, I had about 20 cars in that session that I wanted to take pics of (VR4s, Simon, local club, etc, etc) and as there were only 5 laps, it was quite tricky!! Anyhow, I'll post them once CVR4 is back online.

Good to see you all today, albeit briefly and Nick, I'm so sorry I didn't wait until you were on track before I deserted my photography post, I did feel very bad :(

If I had known you were there, I would have stayed for sure. It's so much easier to concentrate on one car than 20 odd in one session, so had I taken some, they probably would have been quite good :D

Cheers,

Jane

/did anyone else see Shane Lynch taking out his team mate in the drifting - it was apparently the 'worst crash in EDC history!'

G

Unregistered
couple of snaps
P1010010.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

johns car holding the gazebo down!
P1010020.jpg

P1010018.jpg

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Nice wheels there Mike!!!

And who's was the silver facelift galant?? Its almost my ones' twin, apart from the sunroof...

G

Unregistered
Facelift Galant is Marcin's (Nevman on the forums). It is very nice. Must say I do like John's Roanne Red facelift Legnum :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sounds like fun.

EDIT: Forgot to refresh before posting. Nice photos!
That dark red looks great!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hey good to see another red haired leggy driver! who's that?

Top Bottom