Turbo spool up thread... :)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I'll have to wait a week or two for the installation of the new injectors, ECU and decent tune, but till then....

2 x KKR 280

This was untuned with the boost controller set up for the stock turbos, i.e. at maximum... So I applied 1/4 throttle in 3rd going up a hill and even then still hit 12psi!!

and

sc0045114e.jpg

This is with boost controller turned off... hit's 9 psi at just over 2500rpm, 12psi at 3600rpm

Will make the same video again once it's all done, will be great to see it reach 20psi!!!

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Cool stuff guys! Valmes, that pulls very hard- the scenery was going by very quickly!

Madhav- we are all waiting in anticipation for the new injectors, ecu and tune mate- go the bluey! Some serious acceleration times and lots of grinning await...:bigsmile:

just wondering, would 2 walboro pumps be safer (and help maximise results) with the KKK's & higher boost , or is this unnecessary for your application?

G

Unregistered
i have a question about your 13T setup,

was the stock exhaust manifold outlet port matched (bored out) to the subi turbo inlet size?
or did you leave the stock manifold untouched?

G

Unregistered
i have a question about your 13T setup,

was the stock exhaust manifold outlet port matched (bored out) to the subi turbo inlet size?
or did you leave the stock manifold untouched?

It was untouched.

Bored it out for TD05s though...

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Cool stuff guys! Valmes, that pulls very hard- the scenery was going by very quickly!

Madhav- we are all waiting in anticipation for the new injectors, ecu and tune mate- go the bluey! Some serious acceleration times and lots of grinning await...:bigsmile:

just wondering, would 2 walboro pumps be safer (and help maximise results) with the KKK's & higher boost , or is this unnecessary for your application?

Got no idea about the fuel pump question, guess when the time comes to tune it we'll find out....

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Found this spool chart on the 3000gt forums, so now we have a benchmark, well almost as their engines are a little bigger, but here it is anyway.
I added my KKR 280's in there also, they're in black, they are hitting 9psi by 2550rpm which actually looks ok by their chart in comparison, this is with the boost controller off completely
spool23oct078.jpg

I'm kinda hoping once the boost is turned way way up to max it will keep spooling quickly from there and up to like 18psi at 3700rpm or so creating something like the one below...

spool23oct079.jpg

Top Bottom