Tweeter ?

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Im running type r splits up front with there own tweeters and crossovers and normal coaxials in the rear doors, what filter should i be running on my amp?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
your call..

if you have sub installed as well then just put it to HP, so no low frequency would pass through it.. i think anyway..

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
I ended up running the amp at the normal settings straight out of the box, as soon as i tried turning up the gain or the crossover knobs it didnt sound right so i thought if it aint broke dont fix it.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Leave your amp/s with crossovers off and adjust through the head unit

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
^ What Adam said, I generally adjust the high-pass via the head unit.

If you don't have that option then I would set a high-pass of about 70-80Hz (but depends on your speakers, check their best high-pass settings) - this is assuming you've got a sub to make all frequencies below that.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yeah, do it through the head unit. That way, every time you disconnect the battery, you have to set it again..... :p

Do it on the amp. You want high pass set for about 80Hz. Type R woofers don't have a HP filter built in to the crossover, only the tweeter. If you don't have a sub, just set it a bit lower. Those speakers weren't designed to play sound lower than 80Hz.

Also, get a sub to fill the sub 80Hz range! :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Strongly agree about setting the gains/setting through the amp. No doubt you'll forget the settings you had when you need to disconnect your HU or battery.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
While I agree with setting it on the Amp, some headunits keep their settings even after 3 months of having no power like my P80RSII.. ;)

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I always go through the deck as every song and CD/MP3 is different and requires adjusting, the only setting on the amps I adjust is the gain and then everything else through the deck. Decent decks have very good crossover capabilities and lots of fine tuning adjustments. Also every cars acoustics is different so to tell someone on the interwebs what setting to set there crossovers at is a waste of time. Its all by ear and one make and model of speakers in one car will sound totally different in another car.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Wow thanks everyone for the feedback. Its easy enough to get to the settings on the amp. The amp is a PDX-F6.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah I do all my settings via the amp, better quality components than most headunits.
Nice amp by the way!

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Highly recommend the alpine F6 amp if you have the coin. Very compact and very powerful. My car is getting a few body repairs and gauges fitted but when i get it back i will definately be using this thread as a bit of a guide to get the best out of it.

Top Bottom