Tyres on the Central Coast/Sydney

G

Unregistered
Hi guys, My father in law is driving to Townsville to see us for christmas and needs a new set of tyres for his Audi TT before he leaves. Does anyone have any connections or recommendations on where to get get good tyres at the best price?
He lives in Gosford but can travel to Sydney if it means getting better tyres at a better price than he can get locally.
Tyre Specs are 225/40/18, he doesn't need ultra high performance, just somewhere between log lasting economy tyres and performance tyres.

Hopefully someone can help us out, thanks guys.

PHIL069

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Phil
Drive
FTO
Tempe Tyres are pretty good on price, they will beat any other quote. You might be able to get Tempes' price and take it to a local tyre place.
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/

If it's too far away...I have had good prices from Jax Tyres @ Gosford.

G

Unregistered
I think it would be safe to say that any discount in price between Sydney and Gosford, would be consumed by the general cost of driving back and forth (close to a 100km round trip) of both petrol and your own time.

Jax Tyres seem to be relatively good from past comments. I'd just stay clear of the budget commercial ones like Kmart tyres etc.

G

Unregistered
Yeah buy ue frequently travels to sydney anyway so it may have been possible to jazz something up.
Luckily it seems most shops have good deals on anyway so Jax or Bob Jane will most likely be the way to go.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Sorry. But he drives an Audi tt and is worried about and extra $40>50 on tyres. He needs a Getz

G

Unregistered
Why pay $1000-$1250 for 4 tyres when someone might be able to point you in the right direction to get the same tyres for $700?
$50+ a tyres starts to add up real quick.

G

Unregistered
Sorry if that sounded combatative trotty, not my intention at all.
Have seen people save $200/$300 on a set of tyres by shopping at the right place or having a hook up at a tyre place.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Sorry if that sounded combatative trotty, not my intention at all.
Have seen people save $200/$300 on a set of tyres by shopping at the right place or having a hook up at a tyre place.

Nah no offence taken. I know there can be good deals to be had. But like said why travel the world to save a few bucks. I just saw Audi tt and thought cheapskate. Lol hope I didn't offend u. I can't say much ATM as I'm running Achilles atr sports at $89 per corner. Lol. Wasn't gunna spend big money when I'm looking at bigger rims. They were just to get me by. Then on the other hand I have gsd3 good years on my wife's car at $250 per corner.

G

Unregistered
All good mate. Just included Sydney as he has to make 2-3 trips there this week before he leaves on Friday to take car of some family commitments, why not kill 2 birds with one stone.
Hey If I could spend $50 in fuel and 3 hours of my time to drive somewhere and save $200+ I would do it (time permitting of course)
I'm looking for new tyres for the Evo and it's not looking pretty for my wallet :(

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
TyreRight in Parramatta. My next door neighbour is the Assistant Manager. Will do you a good deal.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
So if someone drives a cheap car and wanted to save some money thats ok but if you have to have a bigger wallet or drive a better car than its cheapskate if you want to save a few bucks??? My point is it dosent matter what kinda car you drive, if you can save money then you should.

G

Unregistered
Not to mention the Quattro's are extremely hard on their tyres so you replace them a lot more often.
25-30k kms out of a set of $350 tyres, starts to add up over the year/years.

In other news I spoke to Jax who are doing a deal on pirellis (can't remember the model) its a higher up tyre competing in the $300+ bracket.
$189 each fitted and balanced :)
Still on the look out but that will be hard to beat.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I went to a tyre place near The Entrance for some new shoes for the old Grandpa & got a fairly decent price.

Give me a moment as I'm still working & I'll google it up.

New shoes being Bridgestone Potenzas.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've been to this Bridgestone centre at Long Jetty;
2013_12_10_18_11_11_.jpg

Got some Bridgestone Potenzas there & had no dramas.

Have also been to Jax Tyres at West Gosford to get some BF Goodrich tyres & had no dramas there either, so take your pick dude;
2013_12_10_18_27_41_.jpg

G

Unregistered
I've bought ku31's from them via the interwebs and also Taleb Tyres as well, both exceptionally well priced for a set of 4 delivered to my door.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Holy crap, they seem very competitive indeed. Cheaper than Tempe Tryes for all three of the different tyre treads I'm tossing up between, and way cheaper for 14" tyres for the girlfriends Getz. Cheers for the link :)

Top Bottom