[Vic] Workshop Day - 12th of May - @ Tech 1 Auto Care, Ferntree Gully

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yea, it's all on... Better show up you bastards, I'm not sitting here by myself all day!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Never did get a list of shit you all want for the day? I'm taking it that your all happy to not need anything at my end then?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Hmmm yeh, pretty right for parts. Really just want to get under my car with a spanner and give it a check over.

Might do oil but if i do i will supply stuff..

You can look at my crotch too..

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
*Clutch...

Also, do you have drive shaft boots? Wouldn't mind repacking one of my CV's and slipping a new boot on..

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Nope, dont bother with CV boots with the cost of re-co driveshafts, but we can get some in for you to play with on the day, but you'll need to pull the shafts off the car.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Would like to re-co the shafts but no one can help regarding what CV's to use. Also, i would need to have my car in the driveway up on jack stands which i don't like..

Can you get them re-coed?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Did they rebuild the CV? Did they say it needed special parts or just magna/evo bits?

G

Unregistered
In general a full rebuild costs $80 - $100 a side, but I do not know about our driveshafts in particular. I imagine the high-temp silicone inner boot on the driver's side might be an issue.

Legume

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jamie
Drive
Legnum,
NA6 LE MX5
I had some CVs done at Action Driveshafts at 38 Dingley Rd Dandenong 9794 6966

I dropped them off on a saturday and they said they needed to order in the CVs. Then I got a call on monday afternoon saying they are done.
New CVs on the outer, new boots, cleaned and looked at to tripod (inner joint) and resprayed for $80 each.

These werent for a vr4 so I was able to grab some from Jollys to drop off. It cost a bit more all up, but we could still use the car on the weekend. Im sure you wont be presented with much of a problem as all they care about is the slines/sizes and lengths. Most stuff are pretty universal.

Take a big enough garbage bag to put them and some gloves/rags to hold them as the paint was still tacky on mine a week later when I put them in.

Aftermaket ones --> http://www.gkndriveline.com/drivelinecms/opencms/en/solutions/cvj-systems/plunging-joints.html

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
Did they rebuild the CV? Did they say it needed special parts or just magna/evo bits?

Rebuilt the existing inner and outer CV's, they got pulled apart when the suspension got broke. Replaced the boots with Magna parts i think.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yea, what Pete said. But I dont think they'll be able to do it on a Saturday so we would have to keep the car for a day or so to get the shafts out there and back.

All possible, and we have a hoist the car can sit on for a few days while it's done Scott.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Also, did you get any of those fuel filters? Otherwise i will buy one from Supercrap..

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Where do you live Scott? Im planning to go there early and leave by 10:30 ish. If your done by then and live close by. I can drop you off?

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
I can only show up for part of the morning, i wasnt going to do anything with the car anyways.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I'll get some in today Scott. Dont stress. Getting home though, our loan car is out, but when it's back we can book your car in and get that shit done dude. Easy done.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Woohoo! Loan car!

Honestly, i cleaned the mofo out and put it back together and it is much smoother, i don't mind waiting but would love a new boot..

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help/ordering parts and running the day. Glade to have my ayc issue fixed.

Thanks to Tech 1 for having. Got to meet a few more members.

Top Bottom