Video clip - Best Motoring: Legnum VR-4 vs Legacy GT-B

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
From Best Motoring # 11 (1996), i've been looking for this one for ages and finally found it. No subtitles though, but you kinda pick up what they're saying through the reactions :D

[Image not found]

[Image not found]

G

Unregistered
i have seen that vid ages ago, i think the legnum looks a hell of a lot better and interior is nicer..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Compared to other cars, the Legnum's time of 1:14.3 isn't bad. The R32 GT-R was 1:13.4, NSX 1:13.2, MR2 1:15.2.

I do wonder what that smoke is that comes from the car, it looks like it is coming from the centre, almost as if it is a rear diff problem?

G

Unregistered
I thought the same thing thats not a good show of how tuff it is if it dies on the first lap.

It looks like the exhaust is still warming up or some sort oil leak from the turbo's into the exhaust manifold.

But still it still looks killer

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I think brad might be right about the rear diff, but maybe it was a AYC problem as the car only seems to smoke while turning.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I'm sure that this vid has been linked here ages ago. But it's still cool to watch.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
So many club members have taken their cars around tracks and never blown anything up. People have overheated their gearbox and over powered the radiator, but thats about it.

Interestingly, a newer 2006 video showed an NSX going around in 1:05. In the space of 10 years the same car became 8 seconds faster! Either they've got better skilled drivers now, or tyres have advanced so much.

G

Unregistered
To me it looks like steam as the puddles from the track splash onto the exhaust???

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Legnum driver looks a lot more relaxed at the wheel. Looks like the VR4 is much easier to drive fast than the Legacy.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Great link there Dimi,

Everyone see just how fishtailed the GT-B gets in the first test ??
You can keep hearing them mention AYC during that part !

I was quite surprised though at the GT-B's straightline acceleration...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
yeah that gt-b done alot better than i was expecting. our opinions are all gonna be in favour of the vr4 concidering we all drive one.... :p

Top Bottom