w1ke3d aka Brett // QLD

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Hey Everyone!

Just shouting out to say Hi! I have recently purchased a Black 97' Legnum (Jap Direct Import).

A little about me; I Live in QLD with my partner; Recently did a 6 month stint with no car due to re-cooping after building my last project a 99' WRX.

drive_5.jpg

resize_1.jpg

STi-seats.jpg

drive_1.jpg

engine_bay1.jpg

exterior_1.jpg

So far I have enjoyed driving the legnum stock and have no real desire to mod it. Changing fluids/service and changing the tip-tronic transfer direction are the only things done to the car since purchase.

Some Pics of my New leggy.
Standard Exterior:
legnum_front.jpg

legnum_side.jpg

Rear_side.jpg

Standard Engine: (nothing special here)
engine-2.jpg

Standard Interior:
inside.jpg

I hope to see you all out and about from time to time.

Brett
M | dunsmore.brett@gmail.com

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Welcome to the group Brett,

Nice Rides :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Hi and welcome.
Very nice example of a VR4, paintwork looks in geat condition.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Welcome to the site Brett..... Nice looking ride you have there

It was all of the other day i was asking about facelift Enkei's on a pre facelift.... Could you get me a pic of your rim offset? :) (ie, how it sits in comparison to the wheel wrch ;))

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Gotta love a black PreFace Lift Legnum. Damn shinny. Looks to be a leather interior. That engine bay look clean enough to eat off.

Do you have a sunroof.

Hi and welcome. Look forward to seeing you at our next meet.

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Gotta love a black Series 1 Legnum. Damn shinny. Looks to be a leather interior. That engine bay look clean enough to eat off.

Do you have a sunroof.

Hi and welcome. Look forward to seeing you at our next meet.

Thanks Everyone for your comments!

Yes it has a moonroof :) Finally got a car with one!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Brett what's your home location. Looks to be in a new estate area. You should also check out the QLD Spotted thread to see if you've been spotted by other club members

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Brett what's your home location. Looks to be in a new estate area. You should also check out the QLD Spotted thread to see if you've been spotted by other club members

Are you gonna send the boys around for spare parts ;) Overnight run stylez ;)

Haha, jokes... Morayfield; near Caboolture

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Welcome to the site Brett..... Nice looking ride you have there

It was all of the other day i was asking about facelift Enkei's on a pre facelift.... Could you get me a pic of your rim offset? :) (ie, how it sits in comparison to the wheel wrch ;))

You should have a PM including pics mate.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Are you gonna send the boys around for spare parts ;) Overnight run stylez ;)

Haha, jokes... Morayfield; near Caboolture

Nah. Got another Legnum for that. Although Mel-D (wife) would chop me into small bits if I stole any parts of her car.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow clean job on the Rexy! Nice!

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
[Update]

Ordered my plates... so keep your eye's out soon for these plates ;)

BlackWhiteSlimlineNoSeperatorOVR444.gif

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Wow! I've never seen an engine bay glow before; very noice Brett. Cool idea for the plates too.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S

Very very nice!

What auction grade was it? This has got to be the cleanest one I have seen for a while well done!

Looking forward for you doing some work on it the Rex Looked great you obviously love your cars and really look after them :) Cred to you!

Cheers

ps: Black rule!

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Very very nice!

What auction grade was it? This has got to be the cleanest one I have seen for a while well done!

Looking forward for you doing some work on it the Rex Looked great you obviously love your cars and really look after them :) Cred to you!

Cheers

ps: Black rule!

Thanks for the comments; I believe it was 4.5 as they will only give 5 to vehicles 3 years old. I will have to confirm this tho.

The rex was nice to drive and nice to have the power but as I'm sure many on here will know, there gets to a point when you have spent "too much" modifying it and you consider if a standard car would be better off; I'm sure there are those who would argue that tho :p

It was time to move on; looking to have kids in few years, do the whole family thing. It wasn't really feasible in the rex. And I was getting tired of being inspected/harassed by the local police. Even tho I was one to baby it around the streets, once they see a youngish male in a wrx the lights are on and the inspection begins :p

Any-who, enough boredom for you all :p I'm not looking to modify the leggy too much, just little things, personal touches/preferences.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Lifters on these cars can be really noisy.
Turbo noise.
Electronic solenoid.

Do a full service and all fluids and filters anyway. For peace of mind.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Brett, that's how it always begins (the tinkering). It only lasted a few months for me before I started ripping out bits with my limited knowledge :D

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Took some more pix yesterday with the new number plates. Will post up some more when I get home.

OVR444.jpg

Top Bottom