Weather shields: Question regarding attachment

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I've got a set of monsoon/weather shields coming sometime soon, and was wondering if anyone on here has installed a set?

I know from some pictures I've seen that they attach with double sided tape, but that they also use small clips. I've looked in ASA/CAPS but cant find any reference to either the shields or the clips.

Anyone got any idea on a part number for the clips?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Ive got a set of monsoon covers sitting in the spare room waiting to be fitted, although mine are brand spankers so they came with all the clips etc I take it yours are second handies and dont have the clips?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I removed all of mine, and i basically had to destroy the clips to get them off. You dont need the clips. Get that glue used to attach body panels and that will easily hold them in place.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
black sikaflex- just don't use too much. It's a beearch to get off your paint, or anything else for that matter

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
If you do get it on something like paint or glass use Prepsol (wax&grease remover) to clean it off.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Bah! I want clips damn-it! Anyone got one, even a fucked one they want to lend to me to take into Mitsubishi? I'll pay for postage n' shit.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I reckon i ditched all of mine, i'll have a look next weekend tho.

Top Bottom