What car could you own and leave stock?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
as if you wouldn't at least drop an APR tune in an Audi.

Maybe the thread title is wrong, maybe it should be what car could you own and leave stock.... ah well.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
that porsche wouldnt be left stock...look at bus sized steering wheel on it, and id want to put harnesses in it.

My boss has got a supercharged rs4 for sale if you want tom, pushing close to 500kw, brand new race spec clutch and the biggest composite brakes ive seen in my life, theyre like 15inch 6pots that were over $10,000 a set , only wants $120,000 for it...thats good money

Me, i dont think i could ever leave a car alone, would ruin the fun. Maybe an original 1960's cooper s ( espeially one with some pedigre behind it), but only because it is a classic, i would buy another one and go nuts on that :D

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
you are all going about it wrong, you immediately think supercar that wouldn't need modifying. What about a car you wouldn't waste money modifying like a TATA nano or some other POS.(Then again you wouldn't want own one)

If it was me and cos I love rotary's i'd get a series 8 rx7 spirit r type a and keep it stock, garaged and rarely driven

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i kept my $1500 1981 alfasud sprint stock. is that the kind of thing you mean? :p

Alfa_2small.jpg

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Dawso, thanks!

Mathew, I agree with your comment I think the supercars are too tempting to go crazy on and

Dan - Yes (provided you were happy with it) - oh crap that's another change of thread title....

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Car I COULD own (one day) and leave stock.. Hmmm, probably a Lexus ISF :) Although I've seen videos of them twin turbo'd!

Car I WOULD own... The Lexus LFA!

Only because they fly you to Japan to meet the person handmaking your car and you get to choose absolutely every aspect of it the way you want!
But that's if I had $750,000 to blow away, PLUS put my name on the long waiting list lol.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
R390 GT1.

But buying a car and leaving it stock is kind of missing the entire point of owning a car...

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
i would take a
Shelby GT500 the true Elanor
or
427 Shelby AC cobra

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Vanquish.. And SLK55 AMG are the only two that spring to mind..
Only thing i'd have to change is my cheap ass sunnies I wear whilst driving..

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Vanquish.. And SLK55 AMG are the only two that spring to mind..
Only thing i'd have to change is my cheap ass sunnies I wear whilst driving..

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I thought if I had an Lotus Exige as a fun daily I could leave it alone and just enjoy the awesome handling.....

Until I saw this twin charged one on YouTube

thats more impressive than the mclaren with its turning circle worse than the old mans 94 triton ute!!!!

i think id prefer a formula one car :D

G

Unregistered
FG XR6 turbo.

Comfortable to drive, turbo power, good looks, reliable, cheap to insure (over 25)
excellent parts availability, cheap to find 2nd hand with very low kms (approx 40,000 for $25-35K)
blends in to traffic and makes for a LOT of fun for following P platers on a friday night
drive it for 4-6 years, trade in on another newer low kms ex fleet whatever falcon.

Why would i have no urge to modify it?
because it'd be exactly the same as every other damn one out there driven by some wanna be racer no matter what mod was done to it.
Its also more value to me to modify a car i have a passion for rather than a generic daily driver.

My wife and i just bought her a black XR6 FG (non turbo) and it makes a brilliant family cruiser.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
XR6 Turbo couldn't be left stock knowing that 400rwKW really isn't too hard to get out of them.

I'm liking the Caparo too.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
FG XR6 turbo.

Comfortable to drive, turbo power, good looks, reliable, cheap to insure (over 25)
excellent parts availability, cheap to find 2nd hand with very low kms (approx 40,000 for $25-35K)
blends in to traffic and makes for a LOT of fun for following P platers on a friday night
drive it for 4-6 years, trade in on another newer low kms ex fleet whatever falcon.

Why would i have no urge to modify it?
because it'd be exactly the same as every other damn one out there driven by some wanna be racer no matter what mod was done to it.
Its also more value to me to modify a car i have a passion for rather than a generic daily driver.

My wife and i just bought her a black XR6 FG (non turbo) and it makes a brilliant family cruiser.

I've seen one with huge Work VS-XX. If you had seen it too you'd have plenty of urge to modify.

G

Unregistered
yes, i agree 400kw is very tempting.
but do you really need 400kw in a daily driver that your wife may want to take to the shops? or to take the kids to school in?
stock they are quick enough to have fun in.

If you really keen on a 400kw 4.0L DOHC turbo then one would go nicely in an older TC cortina, or as one bloke with several screws loose is doing in VIC, into a 240Z

Top Bottom