what mods first? and where to get them?

G

Unregistered
hey guys,
my legnum is hopefully arriving within a month finally :wanker:
cant wait.
my car is manual with front and rear strut brace, tien coilovers and what looks like a cat back exhaust and an evo race seat. getting it through iron chef.
but wondering if people have reputable mechanics in sa to work on vr4's
the main place i no of is boost works where my mate gets his hh vr4 worked on.
where do you guys get your mods from? ebay?
duno where too start when it comes to performance mods

legnum.jpg

l3.jpg

G

Unregistered
Hey mate, hope you're not waiting too much longer.

I haven't modded my Leggie yet but depending on what you've driven in the past I would suggest you may look at giving the brakes a once over when you've finished the obligatory fluid changes. To me the brakes don't have the bite I'm used to - then again, this is the heaviest car I've owned.

Because we have the same brakes as the Evo GSR's it means we can get DBA rotors and EBC pads ;)

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
nice car you have there, i like the evo 7 seat too.

As for performance mods if you already have a catback exhaust you should look into some front pipes that can be bought from RPW (http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.ph...age&Itemid=31&category_id=221&product_id=1495 ) then maybe an intake system, we have a member that sells them on the forums (http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2419) and then piggyback computer. A few people have the Haltech Miniceptor, and they seem to do everything people are after.

Also with the Mechanics check out the SA section (http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47) there are some that people recommend in there.

hope that helps

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Mechanics that look after Evo's and other performance cars usually have no trouble with the VR4's. First mod i'd reccomend would be brakes and a new air filter, then maybe look at a Boost controller (or piggyback, if you have the cash) to up the boost a bit. If you can afford it, an uprated intercooler and dump pipes should get the car breathing nice. There is a few decent bargains around the forum on offer from blokes like Ivan for the IC kit and other mods.

G

Unregistered
cheers guys. yeah will prob do the full service and get some wheels onboard before modding. but should have an influx of cash in the next few months so thinking of working on exhaust, intake, fmic, boostcontroller, and computer. cant wait....

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Good luck mate, should go hard when you are all done. Also, have a look under the car when it arrives and ensure it doesn't have more than one Catalyctic converter on the exhaust. I had 3 on my car when it came from compliance and taking two of them off (and replacing last one with a hi-flo cat if you can) made a huge difference to the car.

Top Bottom