What size are factory speakers in a 2000 Galant/Legnum?

G

Unregistered
Hey all,

This is my first post here as I just put a deposit on a VR4 :D

I'm planning a stereo upgrade and I couldn't Google up the factory speakers in these bad boys. I'm keen to put something like: head unit, 4 X splits, amp, monoblock, sub - ideally the splits would match the factory mounting holes to ease installation.

Can anyone help a VR4 newbie out?

Also anyone that can recommend a professional car stereo install place in Melbourne Metro area I'd love to hear about them - preferably someone with Galant/Legnum experience who does high quality/custom installs.

FYI I'm looking at MB Quart Premium splits, you can get these from the US (eBay) for a great price.

Edit: It seems a guy here was asking the same question, took his door off and found them to be 6.5" - sweet, thats what I'll order :)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Stu, it looks like you have already found you answer, so I will just say welcome to the site :)

When you get a chance you should post up some piccies of your Legnum in the 'Readers Rides' section of the forum.

Enjoy :D

G

Unregistered
Thanks, always nice to be welcomed!

I'll get pics next weekend hopefully - still got some paperwork to sort out. Before this I haven't really been a car enthusiast, more of a computer one. But along those lines, I know whats its like to spend money on parts and then get the best performance you can out of them. Can't wait to start modding this ride!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome Stu :)

You're unlikely to find more than one or two stereo places in the COUNTRY with Legnum experience at this stage, I'm afraid - there just aren't that many cars in the Australia yet! Having said that, cars are much of a muchness, really - any good stereo installer shouldn't have any trouble with these cars :)

Good luck!

G

Unregistered
the stereo is just like any other car.. its very easy to install parts in jap cars cause they are thought out very well..IMHO
and welcome to the forum, hope to see you and your new ride at a melbourne car wash meet..
cheers joe

Top Bottom