What was your first impression when you first drove your Legnum or Galant?

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
After 10 months of waiting my leggy arrived at the car yard today, ready for me to take for a test drive. This will be my first turbo car. Quite impressed at how they actually go and this is stock standard. Theres some very slight damage to fix but if all goes well, should pick her up next friday. Cannot believe how much tourque they have, this one is a manual as well.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Mine was "wow, this wheel alignment is facked".

Turned out the compliance shop bolted the steering wheel on at a 45 degree angle. They are no longer in business.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
Congrats Joshua,

I really enjoyed it when I test drove it. But after I had it tuned i am now wondering what was so impressive about 5psi showing on the boost gauge.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
^^^ rofl Tim

My first impression was of overassisted steering and oh shit this thing is fast lol

I did the thing you're never supposed to do and bought it. First one I'd driven. :)

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
First impression test driving any legnum was crap turning circle. First impression driving mine after compliance was wow this is really loud.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
I was thinkging " gee this is comfier than the ovlov, oh and hey look the radio stops at 88, OOOOO boost"

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
mine was, "wow I miss Toyota refinement, but at least this is one sexy mutha"

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I wasn't thinking, I was just grinning madly.

Nah I really impressed with the whole package. It was tight, smooth, quick and the Recaro seats fitted me perfect!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Wow this is fast, but my goodness these brakes are terrible for the speed you can do

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
The first time I drove my first Legnum I thought "holy hell heaps better than the Corolla!"

3 days later I was saying "where can I source a replacement gearbox".

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
First Legnum: "This is underpowered"

Second Legnum: "This is underpowered"

Bought the second one anyway, and installed a boost controller. I was surprised at how easy it was to drive. Less effort required than all my previous cars!

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
The first thing out of my mouth was a loud, long Crow call (Faaarrrkkk). It is my first turbo car. I have never had a problem with the brakes, Mine has blue coloured pads on the front.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Day I picked the car up:

3pm: Paranoia while I drove an unregistered car with no insurance from compliance to Dept. of Transport.

4pm: Giggling like a little girl while AYC straightened me up from crabbing down the road.

Week later: could be faster.

Modded: Too fast for 1.6t and baked bean tins for brakes! No wonder brembos were an option.

Now: Poor from mods. NEED MOAR SPEEDS.

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
During the test drive I couldn't stop smiling and my girlfriend wouldn't stop screaming. That means the car must be good, right??

giblet

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gib
Drive
'00 VR4 Type S
I didn't test drive my VR4 due to not having the proper insurance. The feeling from the passenger seat was awesome and the owner was a long standing CVR4 member so I trusted that the car would be ok. My drive home was fun, found the first empty street a few miles after setting off and nailed the throttle. My first thoughts were f*ck me! I had owned a few 120-130 bhp cars prior to the Galant, and a 197bhp 4th gen JDM Prelude. That was a quick car to me but the VR4 was faster.

Having spent the past year and a half in a 122bhp 1.4tsi dsg boxed Golf after selling the VR4 my next performance car will feel insane no doubt

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
This clutch sucks (button), that muffler drones, this chassis flexes, this has some decent low down, my Audi is faster up top, hmmmm space :), needs a tune.... Mine already had a fair few mods though....

A week later, with a new clutch, E boost 2 and triple flow rear muffler.... That's mostly better....

Next day - ah crap, boost cut, needs a tune.... I like those wheels....

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
my god this thing is the fastest car on the planet (previouly owned a mtsubsishi colt with CVT)

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
"what have I done?! stupid house, should've kept the Evo"
Keep in mind when I got mine it was dented as fuck and had literally sold my Evo about 2hrs before hand. I'm happy to say and tell anyone that asks, it now fills the gap nicely, I don't miss the Evo anymore

Top Bottom