What was your first impression when you first drove your Legnum or Galant?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i had the weirdest boner

in all seriousness, i bought mine after 2 minute drive. loved it, it was light and had torque like a v8

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
just grinned and giggled a bit after asking the question, when does this thing boost.... woosh... yep there it is,,,, hahahaha that comes on quick...lol

G

Unregistered
This is so smooth, Without a doubt THE coolest JDM family wagon haha. How does it get up and go......... Oh like that haha, well then, consider it SOLD!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
mine was something along the lines of 'shit this takes corners pretty well' while cornering hard i heard alot of rattling and parts flying around in the boot..

was the bolt that held down the spare, jack and other stuff..

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
*UNINTENTIONAL REV* "Whoops... the clutch point is so high up compared to my car" ('95 Celica)
"Hmm.. very smooth." -floors it- "holy crap"

My girlfriend's head hit the headrest. She was wearing a hairclip and wasn't too happy with me :p

Just got it today, and already put on an extra 110km on the clock, heh.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
The bad: Hmm that clutch engagement point is going to take some getting used to, oh and that turning circle is "great" also...

The good: Looks killer, goes well and has lots of potential...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Over five years ago I picked up Loki after it had been complied in Brisbane and was freighted to Melbourne. Had a mate from work drop me off and he didn't understand what the fuss was over a "JDM wagon".

He was less impressed that this door-damaged, broken-body-kitted, dirty and scuffed ride was wheeled out from the depot with a flat battery. After it had sputtered to life on whatever fuel was in the tank, we gave it a fresh full tank and did an overall check on the fluids.

And that's when Loki woke up.

With no rego plates in the middle of a weekday, I did some spirited runs back to work... big grins, nice handling for a wagon that should be flexing more and realising that I was not just driving but am now the owner of a Super VR4 Legnum. Point it where to go and pull the trigger. No histrionics and predictable at the limits.

Today, the love affair continues every time I open my garage.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
This is pretty slow...but what is this? Throttle on before, during and after corner? Holy fast cornering! This is scary.

First time driving an AWD car, going from a decently quick and tail happy 180SX

Top Bottom