What's the most exotic/rare/unusual car you've spotted?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
What's the most exotic/rare/unusual car you've spotted ?

I was just thumbing through a classic car book and got to thinking how cool it would be to see some of the cars in it.

Auto shows don't count. I mean cars that you've spotted in the wild. Even something that would be mostly unremarkable in its native environment would count if you saw it overseas and couldn't think of an explanation (see my third example lol).

Mine:

BMW Z1 - Yokohama, Japan, 1993
RenaultSport Spider - Melbourne, 1996 or 1997
Cadillac Allante - Melbourne, 1998

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Do driving passed dealerships count too?

I actually can't honestly say what the rarest car I've seen is! I don't remember :(

Saw the orange Koniggsegg at Rick Demalians dealership (Petersham I think) though?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hmmm I don't think a dealership would count, sorry - you'd sort of expect to find cars there lol

I forgot to add that I also saw a Ferrari F40 on the motorway in Tokyo, 1992 or 1993.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
r35 on 20inch work wheels (at garden city in brisbane)
gt40 (legit one)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Back when I lived in Coventry in the uk and lived down the road from the jaguar plant I once saw an xj220 being test driven. Probably the rarest car i've seen in the wild,

G

Unregistered
Jenson Interceptor
Maserati Merak
Lotus Eclat... and saw a Lotus Elan the other day
Mitsuoka something-or-other
Lancia Monte Carlo of a previous neighbour
Been seeing an Autozam AZ-1 parked near my house recently.
And that Mercedes SL-300 "Gullwing" I saw at Aldi.

... I'll prob think of some more later

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
Meclaren F1

driving down wellington RD near monash took some photo's

IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
Black Falcon coupe, fully Mad Max'd out in Bayswater (WA) a few years back. I still drool when I think of that one. The guy also had a yellow XB 'Interceptor' to go with it.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Lamborghini Diablo
Various Ferraris
Hummer H1
Some crazy red shooting break (either a volvo or an alfa)
Mazda Cosmo

Nothing amazing. Seen and driven plenty of cool cars but nothing crazy.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Also used to live quite close to an original shape dodge viper in blue with white stripes. Looked bombed but was rarely driven, probably due to the large fuel costs.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I saw a Cosmo on friday, the plates had 20B in them, unsure of the whole string though, we were going in opposite directions :D I've seen an awful light yellow coloured Z1 around Auckland a few times, bloody ugly car!

I've seen 2 McLaren F1's, one on the road in Auckland about a month ago and the other one is a funny story. It was XP4, one of the development cars. It was owned by a Kiwi through the mid to late 90's. I saw it one year at the BMW showroom in Newmarket and the very next year it was in the Mercedes showroom just up the road. Strangely enough at Mercedes they wouldn't open the engine bay for anyone hehe.

I've seen a pair of Enzo's at the Ferrari dealership, out on the roads I've seen various 612's, 599's etc. None of them really excite me too much ....

There was a single GT40 in Auckland that I've seen too, it was the standard ford blue colour.

I've seen all 4 850CSi's in NZ, I've driven two of them, the one I own and a single owner 850CSi bought in Hong Kong originally and bought into NZ by it's original owner. Only done 20,000km. There were only 160 RHD 850CSi's made.

Another rare BMW I've seen is an E38 L7 750 Limo, I'm unsure of how many were made.

I've seen a genuine HSV VT Senator Signature 215i Estate, I think they only made about 7 of them, so very rare indeed.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I regularly see a silver Rolls Royce Phantom on coronation drive near work. (daily commute)

Also regularly see cars ranging from 599GTB, F430, Porsche GT3RS and R35 GTR sitting in my works car park.

But my all time favorite car and spotting is a DMC12 DeLorean that i see getting around Caboolture/Morayfield. It has been into my mrs work a few times; and yes... I have her trained well, she took pictures and asked questions :)

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
I saw 2 Audi R8's Cop the storm yesterday in melbourne! THE HAIL STORM!!!! :)

Also yesterday i saw a Blue Gallardo with huhge shitty chrome rims and a nice r35!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
A few weeks ago in the central coast here I saw a TVR Tuscan with a chameleon paint job.
I'd never seen one before.

G

Unregistered
A black R35 lives near me, and I got overly excited when I came back to my car in the shopping centre car park and it was sitting next to it.

And there is an R8 getting around the Redlands somewhere, seen it a couple of times too.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Seen a few R35s now, still want to cry every time I see one! Chased a black one part the way home one night, sitting on massive matte black wheels.. Sounded so good through the tunnels!

There is a silver Audi R8 that parks near my work some mornings, took a photo of it..

Also a huge Rolls Royce thing sitting on massive 22/24" chromies, with a dude with long hair and red flanno on..

Saw a Hummer H1..

Ferrari Testarossa, twice, same spot, about 8 or 9 years apart!! I was a kid the first time spotting it at that intersection at Lane Cove, then about 3 weeks ago spoted it there again!

Ferrari F50 in the city..

Various Lamborghinis on my daily commute to and from work.. Chased a black Murcielago in to the city in my Liberty haha.. That was fun! Traffic held him back from really unleashing LOL

Old school gullwing merc thing..

See some amazing cars on my daily trips to and from work!

Oh and sat night saw a black R35 GTR rock up to the maccas drive through.. Driver and his gf looked about 23/24.. bastards.. probably rich students here on a study visa living near the uni that's near me!

Top Bottom