Wheels Car show Canberra

G

Unregistered
Hello all,

I want to see if there is interest in going to the Shannons Wheels car show in Canberra on the 22/3/09.
Its a massive show on the Lawns of Old Parliment house. This has always been know as a "club" car show and all 60 odd Canberra car clubs go along with some from NSW/VIC etc.

I will be there in a Super VR4 and there will be 2 other Legnums. The Mits Club of Australia will be there but it would be great if we have a OZVR4 area. Its free to register and I can email (or someone with authority) and secure a OZVR4 section.

I'll copy some of the info under here as its for a good cause also. It would be a fun trip!!

Shannons Wheels is one of three major annual events hosted by the Council of ACT Motor Clubs. Since 1982, hundreds of vehicle enthusiasts have participated in this trip down memory lane which is an official part of the Canberra Festival supported by Australian Capital Tourism and Celebrate Canberra. Shannons Wheels is also the Council's annual charity display day, raising nearly $300,000 for local Canberra charities in 25 years.

In 2008, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) will benefit from the display of over 1000 vintage, veteran, historic, classic, modified cars, commercials, fire engines, radio controlled cars and motor cycles. Just over 13,500 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed each year in Australia and it is responsible for 2837 deaths. The PCFA plays a vital role in the fight against prostate cancer and devotes all of it resources towards reducing the impact of prostate cancer on the community.

Let me know what ya think?

Gary

G

Unregistered
I'll be down in canbera for work so might be able to come but not in my a legnum.
Just a maybe.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Awh, I would love to have joined, but I'll be out of Sydney that weekend!

G

Unregistered
Its this weekend (Sunday) guys if anyone is keen.

G

Unregistered
Um I will be working at the airport on sunday till about 3pm so might be able to meet up after, I am back in Sydney now but am hoping to dring the Legnum down tonight.

Anyone want to talk me to mioneshaft rally stage while I'm in Canberra next week?
I'll PM you my mob number Gary

G

Unregistered
Shit sorry my net went out and just got back online. Dam faulty routers......

Anyways it was a good day, only 1 Leggy to fly the flag but it held it high!

G

Unregistered
I drove past at about 3:15, most of the cars had already gone but still some nice ones leaving.

Top Bottom