Which Filter?

G

Unregistered
Ok, I found that the replacement foam is available. But the price in Japan is almost the same as buying the whole unit, so perhaps that's why no one is selling them separately.

EDIT: The replacement foam is available from Horsepowerfreaks.com and the size we need costs about AU$110 delivered, so not worth considering at all.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
How long would the filter be good for, dosnt really sound like a reuseable option at all really.

G

Unregistered
If you don't live in a dusty environment and can keep it clean the foam will eventually begin to break down after a couple of years.

G

Unregistered
Does someone have a partnumber for the Airfilter brand FRAM?

Thanks,

RYSO.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I have been running Pipercross triple density foam filters for the last 5-6 years in my R32, GT Forester, and now the leggy. There were guys still using the stock airbox, just a pipercross filter and I think CAI, and pushing well over 300rwkw on RB25's, so they flow pretty well. They can be cleaned too, so work out rather cheap. You can normally get them from Revolution Race Gear. The last one for the Leggy cost around $85 I think, p/n PP1507.

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
I've been using BMC filters for many years with good results, there used in the in F1 and le mans so thats good enough for me

Part no: FB209/04

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Dead thread revival but for those interested Wesfil air filter part number WA1032 also fits but you will need the rubber from your old filter. I had a mate who owned a dyno tuning place in Canberra who rated Wesfil highly. It cost me $39.50.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hahaha, that video has been flogged to death. Its all pretty obvious stuff.

Top Bottom