frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Integra Type R 1.8L 4cyl but with a turbo, or one of our vr4s? One of my gf's mates recons he would smash a vr4 in 2nd gear. I realise that if even half the amount it would have cost him to turbo that thing was spent on a vr4 it would smash him lol... but yeah what do you think?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Get out to Willowbank and find out :)

Would depend how much boost he was running and whether he could get traction off the line.

cheers

Lee

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
i think he is full of crap, considering that he could possibly blow up his type r due to high stock compression and the added pressure from the turbo. thats if he hasn't had lower compression pistons put in which would cost another couple of grand on top of the turbo conversion (waste of money in the big picture) and why not a race for standing still or is he to afraid that you would get a unfair advantage considering the awd vs the fwd factor (he should have just bought a vr4 and spent the extra money doing it up).

i'm sorry for my rambling (if that doesn't make sense) but i just bought my legnum today so i'm getting drunk to celebrate but these jack daniels are going down to fast (which is making me drunk ;) ) and in doing so creating verbal diarrhea which on these occasions flows like the a proverbial river out of my mouth or in this case fingers. :D

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
traction off the line i doubt on a front wheel drive.. not the same as our cars anyway. Ill wait till i spend a little more before i take him to willowbank hehehehe.. then ill bet him some $$ to make it that little bit more fun.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
i think he is full of crap, considering that he could possibly blow up his type r due to high stock compression and the added pressure from the turbo. thats if he hasn't had lower compression pistons put in which would cost another couple of grand on top of the turbo conversion (waste of money in the big picture) and why not a race for standing still or is he to afraid that you would get a unfair advantage considering the awd vs the fwd factor (he should have just bought a vr4 and spent the extra money doing it up).

i'm sorry for my rambling (if that doesn't make sense) but i just bought my legnum today so i'm getting drunk to celebrate but these jack daniels are going down to fast (which is making me drunk ;) ) and in doing so creating verbal diarrhea which on these occasions flows like the a proverbial river out of my mouth or in this case fingers. :D

Yeah what eva Integra!!!!:wanker:

Hey Bratwurst, I will raise a glass to your new Legnum bro!! SHOT!

G

Unregistered
I seen a turbo integra at the Four and Rotary Nats in Auckland and it was bloody quick for a FWD, I think he was pulling low 12s but that was that one, it really depends on what he has done to it, and as far as low compression pistons, I believe normally with that kind of conversion they just put in a really thick head gasket (copper i think) and that lowers the compression without to much expense. Would be good to see him against Brad so we could all laugh at him afterwards.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yeah it does depend on exactly what they've done to it.

It wouldn't get grip off the line until at least 60kmh though, I'd say that you would be best to race him from a standing start up to 100kmh

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
I wouldn't do it unless you were going to get a lauching start. It would be an embarressing loss for VR4. Let face it VR4 is not that fast, and you have an extra 500 kg for porb only an extra 20 kwaw. You need mods or forget it.. but your car is heaps better.

G

Unregistered
Its always been a sore point for me when it comes to imaginary cars and who would win. I had a debate with someone one day because they said a worked WRX would kill a stock Clubsport. WELL DERRR. How about you just drop a RB26DETT into the WRX and max it out to 1500hp and race. You have to race like for like, Stock vs stock, when it comes down to imaginary races. Just go out to the stip and settle it, dont go around saying my car would beat your car, it just makes you look like a tool.

But onto the Blown Integra vs Stock VR4. I have a feeling the ol' VR4 might be in for a tight race. The Integra has got something the VR4 doesnt (or should i say the VR4 has something the integra doesnt) and thats a whole lotta weight.

The Integra is also maximising there advantage with having a rolling start. The VR4 would definatly kick it from a standing start. But with the integra already on boost in second we might have a little trouble keeping up.

Ive seen a CRX with nothing but a Turbo and a Boost controller, take down some high powered rides. Ill get some more details tonight though.

Id tell him to stop playing with himself or he will go blind. There is only 1 reason to race from a rolling start and that is if youve almost blown 1st gear (and thats not even a very good reason). What does racing for 2nd proove?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Who cares what he thinks...if he's talking all that bullshit talk just let him talk. Chances are he wouldn't take it to the strip to prove it.

People that know their shit don't talk it.

Excuse the french...people like that really annoy me.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Have a look atr this one and it only does 13.4's he reckons that it will do
12's, hondas really are gutless though no matter what you do..

http://tinyurl.com/26fc8s

I dunno, the boss has a JDM S2000 that I really enjoy driving. Two turns lock to lock and a 9k redline will always be fun IMO :)

There is a guy at work who has a N/A VL that has been turbo'd with a big exhaust and FMIC. He is convinced that on stock boost he will beat me while I am stock running 12psi.
I have told him he is dreaming as I will have 3 car lenths on him by 80k's and he wont listen. Downside is that a rubbing fuel line caused an engine fire on the VL last week so we will never know as he finishes up at work next Friday. We will never know, but I do lol

G

Unregistered
Who cares what he thinks...if he's talking all that bullshit talk just let him talk. Chances are he wouldn't take it to the strip to prove it.
People that know their shit don't talk it.
Excuse the french...people like that really annoy me.

I totally agree with that.

I might have been a little off with the amount of work done to the CRX.
Basiclly:-
K&N Air Filter
3" Exhaust
Reconditioned Motor
Garret T3 Turbo
Serge Tank
600x300 Intercooler
Forged Internals
Blow off Valve
Electronic Boost Controller
ECU

It pushed out 237kw at the wheels.
It killed:
XR8 260kw
BMW M3 280kw
DB7 Vantage 310kw
R34 25T 260kw
R33 GT-T 450kw

and got done by a R34 GTR with 335kw

So unless hes sunk about $16k into his car, we aint got nothing to worry about.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when I was running stock boost, cooler and pipes.. i had a got with this ITR engine'd EG civic (4 door) and the guy kept looking back why I kept up with him all along, I think we did 140 and I was on 3rd gear and still had a few rpms to go... i laid back a bit cause i was still worried about my brakes..

I'd say stock vr4 vs Integra Type R (whether its got exhaust and Intake) you can beat it easily.. but stock vr4 vs turbocharged ITR.. tough decision.. specially if he had some suspension work on his car.. help him get a bit more traction.. also if there's been engine head work, then that would be a little worry..

also knowing that he's got his car turbocharged, he'd have some sort of better flowing exhaust.. which would make his engine rev up more freely/quickly..

but like i mentioned above.. STOCK VR4 vs Integra Type R (with exhaust/intake/suspension) you'd rape his ass.. but STOCK VR4 vs Turbocharged ITR.. goodluck..

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
meh tell him to quite playing with himself. stock vs stock then you will clean the floor with him.

now as everyone has said, from a stand still you wil make him look silly.

but yeah i say take the twit on - it will prob blow up by 3rd anyway

Top Bottom