Why has this VR4 not sold yet???

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
I think the majority of legnum/galant owners buy such cars to stay under the radar.. not really possible with that abomination.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Whilst I appreciate a good super I agree withthe above too, a bit boy racer for some... Plus is an auto.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
I went and test drove it when I was looking.
Seemed a genuine and honest car in good nick. And I knew how rare it is.
But it's red. Really red. Where are my sunnies red.
The leather interior is beautiful though.
Maybe it needs a respray in black. With that black/red interior combo.... sold.
Also I'm thinking if I ever sell mine, I might list it under the "Magna" section... sway over someone looking for a VR-X or Ralliart who doesn't know much bout Galants
Heaps more exposure

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Regardless of it being auto, it is still a Super, red Super, with some very tasty mods and at a very good price.

And it's only the interior that is "boy racer" the exterior is stock.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
That's the thing...I'm sure there would be people out there wanting the boy racer look and for the price it's too good to be true..he could easily sell the interior for $2k...this car has been for sale for a while and he originally listed it for $14,900 and has dropped to $10k.

I always though there must be something wrong with the car that's why it has not sold but as per Glenn it looks to be in good nice. If it were in NSW I would have bought it by now..

G

Unregistered
That is well priced.. If you remember the super replica I built up eith a few mods n stuff I got 10k for it, but this has Cibies $2k,interior $2k not my cup of tea and only sr3 recaros, old.. Fiberglass guards,why are they wider or just the glass factor?
none the less that is still a super buy..

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I considered this car when i was looking at a new Leggy or Galanta few weeks back. Here is the reasons I didn't buy it.

1. it's 106K and hasn't done a big service yet (not mentioned anyway) ($$$)
2. The interior for me is way over the top, i'd have to pull it out and try to sell it (I imagine that would take a very long time), or i'd have to re-trim it in black leather ($$$)
3. Not a big fan of some of the exterior kit, but that's easy and cheap enough to change what I don't like, but it was just another strike against it
4. Auto (my last was Auto and I wanted a manual this time)
5. Dawso's old Leggy is pretty much perfect for me inside and out, and was $8500.

I do agree though, awesome deal to whoever buys it (assuming they keep it as is), otherwise the price tag isn't as small as it first appears.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Cos major service plus putting the correct gearbox in it makes it about 16k.... Assuming you pay someone to do it all.... which is fine if you want that interior etc. but that's a small market....

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'd go for it at 14k if manual.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
But you can easily buy it for $10 as it is and do a manual conversion for $4k.
If you can get the manual box for a decent price and depending on how much your mechanic charges per hour. There's also the matter of the 100k service. I'd love to buy this too but every now and then better deals pop up.

Edit: For anyone wanting an auto I think it could be a great deal if it's alright mechanically. There's a Type V that Iron Chef has available with 35,000KM, manual for $11,700 landed/complied. Would probably work out to $13k after registration etc and no recaros.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Do the 100k service and transmission swap with the engine out. Will save like 5 hours or more i reckon.

When i next do a clutch swap or the next major service, i will be doing both at the same time with engine out.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Do you think it will be easy to get this car registered in NSW?
Should be just as easy as doing any other car from interstate. It should be just put a stock bonnet (i've one you could borrow)on as everything else is factory or looks factory

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
If my car was written off i'd go it but i wouldn't be in the market till that happened

Top Bottom