Will JDM Lancer seats 02-05 fit?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Will those seats fit?

Guys, will Lancer seats say 2004/05 fit into our cars with slight modifications?

I assume I'll need new rails?! Or just modify the existing ones? Or weld the seat onto the existing rails?

Thanks guys!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
To give you an idea of what I'm actually after:

I just bought these 10min ago, with that price I couldn't resist to wait any longer! Freakin awesome Ralliart Recaros:

ebay Link

More awesome parts available in his online shop:

RPM Garage

Attachments

• recaros.jpg
    recaros.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 200

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A few people have got those seats in their 8G's. I'm unsure if they bolt straight in or not.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
get recaro rails from yahoo japan to suit a ec5a/w, all recaro seats should fit on recaro rails

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
A few people have got those seats in their 8G's. I'm unsure if they bolt straight in or not.

A few? I've never seen them before... would you give me some names of whoever has them fitted? I need to talk to them ^^

Postage $360, he is trying to organise me a red Momo wheel too... so no postage for it! By the way he got Ralliart centre consoles and Super VR4 rear spoilers!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Karlous or a username similar to that has them and there is a user in Aussie with them as well.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I think Mortz aka Luke has them but he is yet to fit them (he is a slacko)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah Trev's right, i'm off to uni in march so i've got to get them put in before i'm more broke then ever. Shouldn't be too hard of a job for a professional to modify the stock rails but expect a few hundred dollars, an engineering cert is a good idea too.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i think they sit real high if they're on oem rails. recaro super low rails ftw

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
They fit but need moding. Nice seats though

Attachments

• P1000746 web.JPG
    P1000746 web.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 167
  • P1000592 web.JPG
    P1000592 web.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 166

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Recaro rails are around $200 each shipped from Japan. Maybe a touch more.

723% better option than hacking stock rails.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
They actually come with their original Lancer rails... as soon as I get pics from Karlous54 I can figure out which rails I'll have to modify.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
You'll probably only spend a few hundred getting the stock rails modded though Tim, and as long as you don't want the stock seats back (and why would you?) then why not? As long as you get someone with half a brain to do it they should sit at the same height as the stock seats and be totally legal.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The ease of being able to bolt them straight in and not worry about anything appeals to me.

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Sorry dude will get those pics for you tomorrow night been flat out! But the shop that i took mine to where able to mod the factory rails to suit, and they look factory as i should of had them certed but no one has ever questioned them so all good

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hmm, I'm still waiting =)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Guys I need your input =)

I was looking for some Recaro rails on Yahoo today - there is obviously more than 1 kind of rails available... but which one is the right one for my seats? Please check the pics attached from my seats - I also posted the whole search result for Recaro EC5W rails and another 2 links where I reckon they look close to what I'm after! (at least they look like they'll fit on to our mountings!

Search result

Rails 1

Rails 2

[URL="
SNV82741.jpg
[URL="
SNV82738.jpg
[URL="
SNV82740.jpg

First problem I see is the handle to move the seat... it's fitted to the seats already, but there is another handle on the rails too.

I hope someone can help me out... I'm confused!!!

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
You could keep the stock lancer rails that are on it and have custom made brackets made to suit. I had imitation recaros with generic rails put in my old lancer, cost me $500 to have them fitted with custom brackets.

Top Bottom