Work Equip Refurbish

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I'm no expert but all the 3 piece rims I have dealt with have the two rim halves bolted together and then the centre is bolted on either in front or behind the rim join.

In otherwords I'm pretty sure the centre doesn't go between the two rim halves.

Have you trialled fitted them yet - I am looking at a set of rims now with the same size - 17x8 +32 - but was concerned they would stick out too far.

Centers sit in between the two halves, if you have a look through this thread you'll see I have already stripped them. If you have a look at my cars thread there are some shots of them test fitted. Rears poke a tiny amount with 0 camber, fronts will probably need a 10mm spacer.

Quick google image search tells me the centre sits between the barrels for Anhelos. Flat centre lip may also accomodate reverse mount.

Depends on the wheel and manufacturer i.e. the centre lip for a vs-xx can be front mounted only.

Thread that's discussed fitment to death is here :)

Yep, spot on. Work Equip 05s also have a center mounted center. The only difference between Equip 05s and Anhelos is the center shape. The lips and barrels are the same. I think VS-XXs use the same lips and barrels as the Anhelos and Equips.

edit:

Off they go...
12046705556_cc86459e97_c.jpg

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
Fair enough - I was just pointing out that it may not be correct and that it should be checked to make sure it is done right.

Are you sure the rims are +32 ? You measured the overall width of the rim (should be about 220mm) divided it by 2 and then the difference between that and the backspace of the mounting face ? Sorry for asking but they look like they are sitting in a fair way and I would have expected them to sit further out.

Have done a search for 17x8 +32 on here but can't find any reference to exactly that size and offset and I don't want to buy some and find they stick out with 235 tyres :(

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Popped into the powder coaters today to check progress...

[Image not found]

I'll pick them up tomorrow.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I think I just messed my pants.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Quickly assembled one tonight

[Image not found]

Going to do it properly this weekend when I have access to a torque wrench. Will take some shots of the sealing process as well.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Looking good champ, its always a good feeling when you actually working on something and complete it rather than just buying it finished :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i hope this doesnt come across the wrong way, but why go to all that work only to get them done in black? was a perfect chance to play round with finishes or textures. ie: gloss centers and satin lips or something

if they infact different kinds of black then thats cool.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I like black.

I was going to get them done in dark bronze but decided the risk wasn't worth it if the colour/finish wasn't how I wanted it. Black was a safe choice.

Oh and it was cheaper than mixing gloss and black.

G

Unregistered
Theres always plastidip/liquidwrap etc if you ever get bored.
Uoside ia black looks good on anything and everything so if you ever decide to sell them you will have a lot of interest.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Looking damn nice Taylor. The polished nuts set them off nicely.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Thanks guys.

They're not amazing, there's little dents and dings along the lip where the rash was too deep to sand off, but the powdercoat did a better job than I thought it would at hiding that.

Though the coaters forgot to mask off the mating surface around the center piece, so I have to sand that off all four wheels. I think I'm just going to call them tomorrow and get them to do it, I can't be fucked, I shouldn't have let them talk me into taking them home with the old 'it'll be fine' talk. Everywhere I've read says it has to be full metal on metal for the contact areas, the paint will stop them torquing up correctly.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
So the only thing left to do on these now are the center caps. Here is a before picture;

12553709085_a1dbf17f7a_c.jpg

As you can see, one of them has a piece broken off (these are cast aluminium from what I can tell)

12553825313_ba29220b77_c.jpg

I bought some Selley's Knead It, the steel reinforced one, designed for use on metal. I applied it as seen here:

12554145244_3caeda42bb_c.jpg

Within an hour it's hard enough to sand back. Which left me with this:

12555106354_fb00865d84_c.jpg

This Knead It stuff is amazing, so easy to sculpt.

12555093044_fbf4ede2fb_c.jpg

I fucked up though, I got so excited about using the Knead It I forgot to strip the old clear coat off the caps. So they're soaking now, even with the knead it still applied. If it affects it it's not hard to redo, only took an hour or so.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I used Knead It to fix the rash in my rims before getting them powder coated. I had to get the high-temp stuff which was JUST borderline on the temps they use to cure the powdercoating. It worked fine though.

Top Bottom