YR Advance - Front Pipes

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
stan, how far are you from acacia ridge?

go to Extreme Custom Engineering and get some made. best pipes out. higher then factory, not knocks or corners cut. and very sexy welds too ;)

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Im in Windsor so not super close. The RPW pipes are about 380 + about 120 for modifying and about 600-700 for the full catback from there. This is what I was quoted from East Coast. Having new front pipes made would be anywhere between 700-900 wouldnt it?

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
Hey has anyone replaced the whole exhaust to the turbo, so removing that horrible cast jobby that bolts straight on to the turbo?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
For the cost involved, no real point, our dumps are short enough. Get em shot peened and port matched.

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
When I had my little gttI charade , the guy that rallied them said you get a great deal of a gain if you modify that section. What he would do is have two pipes coming straight off the turbo, so one for the exhaust and one for the integral waste gate. Then join them after the 90.. Oh and it's hilarious that everyone has to modify those RPW pipes.. What shit workmanship.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
RPW pipes are fine if you're not too low and have no lower control arm brace.
Oh and twin dumps (gate and tubine gas paths split and merged downstream) can be done by cesracing.com.au, I just wasn't willing to pay $2k+

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
Had a close look at the cast pipes, and as you said they're very short and flow pretty well. Was just trying to do the whole job while I was there... Oh and has anyone seen/got feed back on the type of front pipe that does a full 180' turn on the back turbo?
Jim

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
The pro shop iida tuned length pipes? Maybe a little unnecessary. Tuned length benefits go out the window on boosted cars. They'll still flow a lot better than stock though.

Top Bottom