Getting into competitive racing

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
If ya need any help with fabrication let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Will do Dan, you may have to teach as you do has my mate would love to learn.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
I was going to build my own drifter/racer, but unfortunately must save for a house instead :(

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
I race superkarts, as Michael Schumacher quoted, "its the closest thing to F1 you can get"

They're cheap, fun, goes over 200 km/h and we race at eastern creek on the GP circuit as well as wakefield. If you are really keen you can travel interstate and hook up with the guys from QLD, VIC, SA etc and do their club events too. If you want any more info PM me

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
If you spent about $5-10k you could get into a fun and safe club car, mx5, s13/14/15 Skyline or even a Galant lol.

You need good brake pads, brake fluid, semi slicks, half cage, seat, harness, fire extinguisher.
Sure you don't need all that stuff, but if you want to have fun and not break stuff and be safe, its pretty much a gotta have list.

You gotta decide how serious you want to get, best to decide on the outset as it will cost you much less buying something ready to go.
Likely smart move is buying someone else's track car vs building your own.

galant sandown1.jpg
galant sandown2.jpg
brembosfr.jpg
sea.jpg
cage.jpg
galant side.jpg

Darkhorse

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Doug
Drive
Legnum
If you spent about $5-10k you could get into a fun and safe club car, mx5, s13/14/15 Skyline or even a Galant lol.

You need good brake pads, brake fluid, semi slicks, half cage, seat, harness, fire extinguisher.
Sure you don't need all that stuff, but if you want to have fun and not break stuff and be safe, its pretty much a gotta have list.

You gotta decide how serious you want to get, best to decide on the outset as it will cost you much less buying something ready to go.
Likely smart move is buying someone else's track car vs building your own.

I definitely agree about buying something ready to race instead of building one up. Right now someone is selling their pride and joy that they have built and raced and broken and built stronger because they need money for a house or something. You want to find a car like that to buy, and spend your play money on racing instead of building a race car.

Top Bottom