Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I never noticed until my son pointed out last night that the glovebox light is always on with the headlights. From my position in the drivers seat I can't see the light through the cracks around the glovebox door, but my son is short enough to notice it.

I've had this car for eight years lol

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Anyone know what the interior map lights are in a sunroof legnum? I want to replace them with leds. Thanks in advanced.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Iv'e had one out but i didn't know what sort of light it was. i should of taken a picture.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
I just looked on ebay and they are not the festoon type.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
T10 looks more like it. Iv'e had my map globes out i just didn't know what type they were, when i typed T10 in the search bar on ebay i realized they were the right ones. Thanks everyone for your help.

AndyK

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Andy
Drive
Legnum
I bought Ebay 6xSMD LED 31mm festoons, however when fitted with the doors open, they flicker slightly. :(

When switched fully on they are okay. I'm guessing there is some sort of dimming circuit.

Are there any 'known good' festoons that don't flicker? Are COB festoons okay?

AndyK

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Andy
Drive
Legnum
I bought 'smoke' led festoons and they were okay.

I've ran into another problem with the T15/921 MAP lights (for facelift model), all the globes I've seen on Ebay are for indicators and they're too long to fit the enclosure. Any suggestions?

Jye

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jye
Drive
2000 Galant vr4 m/t
What voltage does the climate control lights run off of, gunna get some LEDS for them and add resistors

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
^ i like the idea of still having the boot. have you tested to see how hot they get?

on my lancer i managed to dremel out the grooves in the dust protector to fit a small led globe with the fan on the back just to be safe

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
^ i like the idea of still having the boot. have you tested to see how hot they get?

on my lancer i managed to dremel out the grooves in the dust protector to fit a small led globe with the fan on the back just to be safe
Yep, tried to get a feel after a drive last night but couldn't say honestly, i unplugged the terminal on one but as far as heat was concerned i felt nothing, maybe just radiated heat from the motor? I guess time will tell, I'll post any further results.

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Yep, tried to get a feel after a drive last night but couldn't say honestly, i unplugged the terminal on one but as far as heat was concerned i felt nothing, maybe just radiated heat from the motor? I guess time will tell, I'll post any further results.

definitely keep me posted on it

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Been over a year now, running fine and from what I have felt no heat. I dare say our standard halogens put out much more heat, higher current draw and all that.
Thought I'd update all on these.
Somewhere along the line I lost LEDs, the pattern and throw failed.
Have gone back to 4200 Philips halogen.

Andrumabose

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Andrew
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum
Hi everyone I am new to this forum I own a Legnum but I am in need of some parts I am looking for the multi-vision display
a fuel pump and a radiator for my Legnum EC5W I have seen all the parts I need in New Zealand try reaching the suppliers but will not respond

Top Bottom