Replacement bulbs/globes (headlights, tail lights & everything in-between)

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Hey guys, I recently bought 100W headlight bulbs by mistake. They are normally 55W right? Will this be a problem?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Hey guys, I recently bought 100W headlight bulbs by mistake. They are normally 55W right? Will this be a problem?

I could see it having some heat issues... (But having never tried it, I can't tell you whether it will be a problem or not)

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Okay done! Thanks guys. Did a bit of googling and every single result was bad so that convinces me! Cheers! :)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Okay done! Thanks guys. Did a bit of googling and every single result was bad so that convinces me! Cheers! :)

Christian sort this guy out, bulbs hah ;-)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Know the feeling... been meaning to replace my fog light bulbs for ages :-(

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS

I dont think anyone here uses 100w halogen bulbs, as they often replace their 55w halogens with 35w HID's or even 55w HID's and these are definitely ALOT brighter.

I agree with Martin, your H7 adaptor and connector will heat up terribly that they might end up melting.

i know most guys in the Philippines use ceramic connectors to avoid the connectors from melting and/or catching fire as climate is alot worse than here in Oz

just a safety note, using 35w or 55w HID's on your OE reflector without some form of focusing medium, the light beam will be too bright and not safe and will be dangerous to oncoming cars.. also its cop bait too

just my 2c

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Yeah I just meant regular halogens, bought 100W by mistake never intended to get such high wattage. Also never plan on running HIDs on OEM reflectors, been there and was bad. Thanks guys.

Why are cibies so expensive sighhh

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Hey guys im after some B9 parker lights led's are there any that you guys have used and recommend? Theres so many on ebay i dont know where to start.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I got some with a single front facing smd, if I was to do it again, I'd get some with side mounted bulbs. As incandescent bulbs have a central filament which casts multi-directional light, they do a better job of using the reflector; you want to try and emulate that light spread.

Something like this would probably do the trick: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321129845115&alt=web. Haven't personally tried those though, merely citing an example. For $7, I'd probably just give them a go.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Done! Just bought a set will let you know how they look.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Anyone know where I can get some new globes for my climate control? I dont want LED's and I think I need some sort of T5 dash globe but I cant find any.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Thats what I want to do, but maybe Ill find LED this type, ready to put straight on ;)

MLVR4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Thai
Drive
EVO 7 RS with EVO 9 FACE LIFT
Thats what I want to do, but maybe Ill find LED this type, ready to put straight on ;)
You should be able get some neo t3 smd led bulbs and rewire them in to the stock ones? I've done this before for neo t4 bulbs and it works fine

Top Bottom