Status
Not open for further replies.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Firstly thanks for the effort you are putting in :)

Secondly, your pics are pretty much along the track I was thinking. Would work with 2 but not 3. Joel's pics above may provide the necessary compromise. Could then use Velcro to secure it down as there would be plenty of surface area!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah, the straight does look cleaner. I don't suppose there would be a provision to run 60mm or 52mm gauges? I have two 52mm and one 60mm gauge to run.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Not too fussy hopefully, I bought the gauges ages ago with the intention of fitting them where the clock is.

G

Unregistered
Well if all goes well I can have them fit both sizes if I work it out right

G

Unregistered
In theory if I make the guage ring face a bit bigger it will alw for the clearance for bigger

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Nice Q, I'm planning on having the two 52mm gauges on the outside and the 60mm one in the middle.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Steve,I agree with you but again the amount of interest in guards with fl flares molded and still visible has to be 6+ with confirmed payments.
I would be looking at running that size you mentioned on my ute but at that we will need to cutout my rear arches to fit,correct?

Or you make them so flares can be bolted on :) How much would they be?

G

Unregistered
Quick question..
liquid plastic or???? I want to make my own parts like a headlight lense or a speedo cover,some tinted some clear, does anyone know where I start or who I confront please? I want to buy the products

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you need to use acrylic.. but make sure you get vacuum the air out properly, otherwise it'll look crap..

G

Unregistered
Iv got a vacuum pump already as I use it for carbon work, where do I buy it from?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
same place where you buy your stuff for fiberglass work.. same stuff that they use..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So make fiberglass standard guards?

Well, looking standard except wider at the top of the wheelarch so we can fit decent rims, I assume the flares have enough give to change shape a little if you wanted to put them on the new guards.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The best fibreglass guards are the ones that look like flared metal. The 6666 Customs/Rocket Bunny Silvia guards, for instance.

G

Unregistered
Ok 1 step at a time lol but here's my carving...very tight and as flat as possible.
i took into account the shapes of the dash
critisism welcome
ec748ae0.jpg

f7cb08de.jpg

55e0d54b.jpg

Iv molded that shape as we speak so I can try and play with it..

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Happy with the look. prefer it flat like that, then dips in between the gauges.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Looking good mate! Dips or no dips doesn't really bother me. Dips would be more work so would probably cost more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom