Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Hey guys,
So I've just noticed a ticking noise while the fan is on in my AC. I've checked all vents and it isn't coming from one particular vent.
I suspect a leaf or something has fallen through the plastic section below the windscreen wipers just above the top of the bonnet and is stuck somewhere in the system.
Does anyone know how to clean/flush the foreign object out? Is it hard to disassemble this particular part?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If you find out, post it up... mine's done this for years but only when on full blast. I just stop at the next-to-highest fan setting lol

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Could be what I said and may be a leaf stuck in the fan. Good to see my old baby is still going strong, I miss it, its a great car

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Best thing to do is remove wipers I think, and I've had that plastic tray out before to install the new wiper motor, not a super hard job just can't remember if there were any clips or bolts to remove other than the rubber seal

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Thanks Alex, yeah I remember you mentioning it but it never made that noise until a couple of days ago!
I'll have a go at removing the plastic tray and let you know how I go with it

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
So the ticking noise went away a couple of weeks after posting this. I have no idea what it was!
When it was happening, I always had the fan on full blast in a hope that it would blow whatever was stuck in there out.
I guess it was just a leaf or something caught inside the vent..

Top Bottom