Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
Have you done the rear camber fix? That should straighten out the rear.

no? is there a link? i did however, take to the guard and flare with an angle grinder.

no more rear scrubbing :)

EDIT: found the diy but no more pics :(

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
hi guys

would these fit? i think i have 18x7.5 +38 at the moment
18x8.5, +35 Offset

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Yeah same as the Evo X rims which I have on mine. They fit fine but slight rub on the rears when I have 5 adults in the car + hit a big bump.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I've just got stock brakes. I've found today rotating my tyres a wheel is buckled. I have a set of spare evo 8 enkei but really want to stay with 18"

I might keep an eye out on some evo forums for evo x wheels if they come up, everything one ebay is ridiculous priced

KRM88R

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
chris
Drive
Legnum 97
So reading all these still.left wondering if 17x8+35 will look alright on my pfl? Or do I require a bigger offset / can I use a spacer?

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
I've got 17x7.5 38, 225/45 tyres on mine and they're flush on the front, mite get away with spacers on the rear but you would probably need rear guards rolled if lowered with camber fix and wider than 225 tyres

KRM88R

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
chris
Drive
Legnum 97
Sweet. Well just got 18x8+35 so will see how they go. Not lowered yet so will deal with that later i think. Cant wait to put these babies on
IMG_4104.jpg

brichman

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 PFL Galant VR-4 (Roanne Red)
Sweet. Well just got 18x8+35 so will see how they go. Not lowered yet so will deal with that later i think. Cant wait to put these babies on
My wheels are 18*8 +30 and fit very flush at the front, and need a tiny bit of camber and a guard roll at the back to go within the guard. If im correct, yours should sit 8mm further in the guards, so you should find it all good :) might need a little bit of lowering to tuck the front under the guards.

Quintenperren

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Quinten Perren
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys, need a tyre guru, to help me :) I'm buying some new wheels what's the best tyre option for 18x8.5 +30 and rear 18x9.5 +35 ? 225/40 ? My rear guards have already been rolled will it just need to be pumped ?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Anyone using 255 wide tyres? It's for my type v galant with rolled guards and ~20mm pumped. I'm thinking of 255/40/17 on either 8.5" or 9" wide rim. I know Bradc fit 255 wide tyres on 9.5 +38 rims with paper thin clearance to the inner suspension components so lower offset should work better if I can keep it in the wheel arches. Something like 17x8.5 +30 e.g. RPF1's is what I'm guessing should fit but hope to hear from others that may have already tried.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Hope u don't want Brembo clearance & good fitment with those RPF1s :-(

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I know of an American using 255's on a 8.5+30. Fits well.

I'd prefer it on a 9 though as they seem a little bulgey. I'm assuming you bought Simons galant?

(And Bradc had 9.5+35, just a fyi)

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Hope u don't want Brembo clearance & good fitment with those RPF1s :-(

I've read that they will clear brembos, it's just an example though I'd prefer a more solid rim if I can find one with similar specs.

I'd prefer it on a 9 though as they seem a little bulgey. I'm assuming you bought Simons galant?
I'm keen to try it on a 9" rim too for that reason. I'm not sure how true it is but I've heard people talk about mushiness / less responsiveness when pushing the tyre to the size limit that way. Yes I bought Simon's Galant.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
Anyone using 255 wide tyres? It's for my type v galant with rolled guards and ~20mm pumped. I'm thinking of 255/40/17 on either 8.5" or 9" wide rim. I know Bradc fit 255 wide tyres on 9.5 +38 rims with paper thin clearance to the inner suspension components so lower offset should work better if I can keep it in the wheel arches. Something like 17x8.5 +30 e.g. RPF1's is what I'm guessing should fit but hope to hear from others that may have already tried.

dropping back to a 17?

you gonna get a front camber kit to try and make them fit?

Top Bottom