Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

PDJnr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Patrick
Drive
Galant VR4
Very USDM stance, could see them at home on something VWAG, much like Rotiforms.
Yeah that's 90% of what these wheels are photographed on. Although I did see an 86 rocking those wheels...

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Pretty much perfect functional sizing. Might need a slight roll or a trim of flares. Go 245/40, it can fit and can't go wrong with more tyre.

Ando182

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dane
Drive
99" VR4 Legnum
Hey guys, I have an oportunity to get some Advan RG2's in 18x8.5 +31 Would I have any issues running these on my FL Legnum with 225/40 tires? The car has been lowered a little too.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
ill let you know in a couple of weeks :)

though im using 235/40

im thinking the 225/40 might be a little harsh, seeing as im coming from 235/45/17. kinda enjoying the comfort really. using teins coils too.

from what ive read though, you should s**t it in with 225's

Ando182

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dane
Drive
99" VR4 Legnum
I had been running Work CR Kai's 18x7.5 +42 up front and 18x8.5 +38 in the rear with 225/45/18's and they fitted pretty well, but if I run +31 I might have a bit too much poke..

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
7mm poke according to willtheyfit.com

funnily enough its the same poke amount for me going from a 235/45 17x8.5 +38. our current wheels sizes are identical.

i dont think itll be a problem tbh.

if anything a guard roll or a little lower to tuck em in a bit.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Im running RG2's in 17x8.5 +31 tyres are 235/45 with stock height and they scrub a little but you have to be really giving it in the corners. So im hoping they are ok with a little low so they will tuck in.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
Im running RG2's in 17x8.5 +31 tyres are 235/45 with stock height and they scrub a little but you have to be really giving it in the corners. So im hoping they are ok with a little low so they will tuck in.

front, rear or both? scrubbing wise.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Front don't scrub. Back scrub a little bit. Car isn't lowered.

Ando182

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dane
Drive
99" VR4 Legnum
Ah cool thanks guys! Mine is lowered on re-set factory springs, so hopefully it would tuck in..

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
Ah cool thanks guys! Mine is lowered on re-set factory springs, so hopefully it would tuck in..

when are you picking them up? i think ill have mine by next week and if youre close by ill drive round (im in Rowville).

Im lowered on tein coils, but plan to go a little lower (maybe just 1-2cm).

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Thank you for an awesome thread, on the first post guide. maybe if available information on fitment over brembos

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
That's a different thread mentioned on page 99 as isn't usually / strictly an offset thing...

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6

fitted up the wheels last night, no rubbing so far (18x8.5+31 235/40/18) but will wait a little for the suspension to settle back down.

doubt it will rub at the back as im tucking ever so slightly and will do so more after i drop it another 1-2cm on the weekend. fronts are flush with my wheel arch flares poke wise.

will post up pics in a couple of days when I can get to a nice spot and its settled.

for your original question, im quite positive that the 225/40s will fit. its stretched a little so you should have a bees more guard clearance and according to the numbers, its only 1.5mm higher than your current setup.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
ok

i decided to drop the car a little more (couple cm) and im happy with how it sits.

however, it does scrub front and back on hard bumps.

its still not stupid low (youll see in the pics) with the front of the spoiler @ 16cm off the deck and the base of the front spoiler @ 12cm.

when i fitted the wheels i noticed that one of the tyres was a different brand and for some reason it didnt scrub. on closer inspection this tyre (still Z rated and the same size as the others) was NOT an XL size and would account for it being skinnier than the other XL tyres. i imagine with all non XL tyres I would scrub less but at the sacrifice of weaker sidewalls. either way, im sticking with it and i dont mind the scrub every now and then, but may make some flare lip mods down the track (if they havent worn out by then :) )

anyway pics (apologies for the crap quality)
[Image not found]

Front Tyre tucks slightly with zero poke
[Image not found]

Rear Tyre well tucked
[Image not found]

Close up of the Front (theres about 10mm worth of flare lip which is fouling the fronts).
[Image not found]

Close up of the Rear (about the same amount of flare lip but its making contact with the rubber further down the wall)
[Image not found]

im happy with it now. getting the brakes painted on monday and ill take some proper photos from my good camera but im still a useless photog.

Top Bottom