Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
Simon had those exact wheels and needed a 20mm pull to all guards, including modification of the rear doors.

Definitely possible, definitely balla.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
That is a substantial size for a VR4. As mentioned above massive pull required, say goodbye to your front guard liners as well as you'll have to pull the fronts so much they wont fit anymore. You're also likely to pop out the panel above the rear wheel on a Legnum.

MR2QIK

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jay
Drive
Gen3 MR2 Turbo, FD3S S8 Type R Bathurst RX7, Lexus IS250, FL Legnum VR4

Hyper performance coatings in Penrith production place. He does my ceramic coating and powdercoated pipes. Very reasonably priced and great work.

Thanks Trotty. I've used them too for other bits & pieces, however his cost to coat the wheels was rather substantial. Fair enough, but I've found another avenue.

My remaining area of concern is over tyres with the 19x8.5 +35. Want to know if I'll have dramas fitting 225/40's, using stock struts on lowered springs or coilovers?

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Ah yep, XXRs in those sizes not really recommended. I tried and thought I was balling hard but really i was just an Asian Mexican who couldn't grow a moustache. 18x8.75+20 which is just one size smaller sits perrrrfect with a bit of low.

As for the above question, 19x8.5+35 should sit nicely provided you don't go too low. Any lower then one or two inches will start being sunken but a wider tyre could fix that.

Also calling out Misagh to upload some photos of my new set up!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Dissappointed by no Instagram of new setup simon!

Lol'd at Asian Mexican bit

I reckon they could've worked with a thinner 235 instead of the federals you had

MR2QIK

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jay
Drive
Gen3 MR2 Turbo, FD3S S8 Type R Bathurst RX7, Lexus IS250, FL Legnum VR4
Ah yep, XXRs in those sizes not really recommended. I tried and thought I was balling hard but really i was just an Asian Mexican who couldn't grow a moustache. 18x8.75+20 which is just one size smaller sits perrrrfect with a bit of low.

As for the above question, 19x8.5+35 should sit nicely provided you don't go too low. Any lower then one or two inches will start being sunken but a wider tyre could fix that.

I'm aiming for about a 2inch drop. Do you think 235/40 would work instead of 225/40?

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Yeah you should be able to fit 235/40, maybe a slight guard roll. It will look and handle better too imo.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Yrah
Dissappointed by no Instagram of new setup simon!

Lol'd at Asian Mexican bit

I reckon they could've worked with a thinner 235 instead of the federals you had

Yeah true hey? The feddys made it look very bulky. Ah well l, never fear I'll change wheels again soon enough! Haha 4th set now haha

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum

Saw Simon at the local hardtuned.net meet on Saturday night.

IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3401.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
More black, tinted tail lights and tyre shine black look like the only remaining options there hah

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
Are feddys fatter than most tyres? Makes sense. I've got a set of federal 595 in 255 here that measure wider than some accelera 265s.

RPF1s look great. I reckon a bit of stagger in the rear would complete the look.
Functional stance.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Yeah the shoulders of feddys seem qjktw bulky and not really square.

Not a fan of tinted lights at all, I am however thinking of yellow tint over headlights but k predict will attract far too much cop attention.

Still got a bit of room to play with 245/45, I shall try 255/40 next. Grip for days :)

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
My next car will have RPF01's. This is one of those certain things in life.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
^^^^ All depends on what wheels they are, that sounds okay to clear brembo's (maybe), but ive seen so many wheels that with 8'' wide and 25 offset and don't clear because of the style of the wheels.

You got a picture of them ? Best thing if you can do test fit them and see if they clear.

Top Bottom