1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Very interesting:
http://racingonn.com.au/

26th November 2011 is the date for the first 1/8th mile street meeting. Featuring some group one top doorslammer vehicles to make the official opening one to remember. Continuous meetings from then on will take place so that finally we have a place to race off the street. Future meets will feature street, top fuel, top alcohol, pro stock and funny cars.​

matt says
30 August 11, 12:28am
good to hear.
Why only 1/8th mile now??

Webmaster says
30 August 11, 12:54am
Taken from a previous comment from Rino on Facebook:
We are only able to run 1/8 mile at the moment because there is no track walling to complete a 1/4 mile run off. My aim in the long run is to return 1/4 mile drag racing to Adelaide. I think we should just enjoy what we have for now and look forward to the future. Thanks again for your support and querie. Lets just spread the word. Cheers.

Well should be interesting, and I for one really hope it takes off, and we can get 1/4 mile drags back in Adelaide. Yes the port motorplex would be great, but lets face it. While there is a labour government this will never happen. And even once the change occurs, it would be at least 2+ years for construction so lets hope this fills the gap nicely ;)

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Yeah, heard of this the other day. 1/8th is better than nothing, it won't take long for demand to grow and then they will have to quite quickly fix the rest of the run off to suit 1/4. I can't wait to take Legnum down there!
As long as SAPOL doesn't pull their usual shit and have cops at the exits afterwards! It was interesting to see at Eastern Creek run as you come drag meets there were NO cops anywhere, it is all self policed and offenders are reported to the authorities.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
It's SA, who are we kidding. 'Random license checks' right out the front no doubt.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I know the port river complex won't get off the ground anytime soon, but there was another proposal to Murray Bridge Council (just Adelaide side of MB) for a 1/4mile complex to be built. Supposed to ge before the council in the next month or so (saw is in the paper last weekend I think)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Steve,
of course there will be - same as any mallala event. Boo f**king hoo - at least there is drags to attend. Yes people will probably get pulled over, but i guarantee there will be people driving like dickheads outside the event too that will deserve it.

Rob there is interesting chat on SAU about the Cougar Raceway (http://www.cougar-raceway.com.au/)
interesting to hear Terry O'Toole's response re his big proposed project at the end of Maurice Road, Murray Bridge...."Cougar International Raceway" 1/4 mile "ANDRA" approved with new stands and grassed mounds.
He's just waiting for the green light which is apparently a done deal.......he says that asphalt will be laid within 3 mths of the OK

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
Steve,
of course there will be - same as any mallala event. Boo f**king hoo - at least there is drags to attend. Yes people will probably get pulled over, but i guarantee there will be people driving like dickheads outside the event too that will deserve it.

Rob there is interesting chat on SAU about the Cougar Raceway (http://www.cougar-raceway.com.au/)

I am liking the sound of that, my side of town...............

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Steve,
Of course there will be, and good, I hope they get caught. But police have no interest in catching the trouble makers, they pick on genuine car enthusiasts who are attempting to do the right thing opposed to street drifting/drag.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Lee, that is basically what was printed in the paper....

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Of course there will be, and good, I hope they get caught. But police have no interest in catching the trouble makers, they pick on genuine car enthusiasts who are attempting to do the right thing opposed to street drifting/drag.

Welcome to NSW for the past 10 years! :(

I genuinely hate that they target the blokes trying to do the right thing. They have done it here for ages.

By the way, anyone considering going to this SHOULD go, even if it isn't a full 1/4 mile. The difference between an 1/8 and 1/4 mile run is one gear change! Its all about getting off the line and getting up to speed as fast as possible, which you still get to do on an 1/8th mile run :D

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I was thinking that the 1/8th would be fun in the legnum - 0-100 is definitely a strong point for our cars

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah, VR4's have limited top ends lol. A 1/8th is custom suited. I'll be there however to check it out.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Ive never seen the appeal of going quickly in a straight line for less than 15 seconds. I know it takes skill, the right set up and everything but i much prefer circuit

Nonetheless, i know its been missing from the adelaide scene for so long now, i know it will make many people happy to see it back

Top Bottom