16' wheels needed to pass regency inspection.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Buy a placard from a Commodore or something with 17s as standard, then take a black texta and get rid of the GM logos on it. Has been done before with success...

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
hmm i would do that but considering i have already taken the car through with a 16" placard on it, with gold 17" wheels on the car i'm thinking they may remember...or at least find it a bit suss.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah just get some 16's and call it a day. theres some real knobs at regency which wont argue proper logic with u. just get it thru and switch ur rims to whatever u want.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Haha yeah i know all about the regency knobs. The dude that inspected my car looked strikingly like a depressed gorrlia in a blue shirt with a pad and pen. I'm going to borrow some 16's (not sure from where yet but it must happen tomorrow!) and then just put back on the 17's i got it with which i think suit the car really well (ADVAN RCH11, they are a copy of the rims on that bayside blue tokyo autosalon galant, volks maybe?) Also while i'm here does anyone know anything about tint removal? Or how much i should be getting charged to have it removed? It's just on the rear passenger and back window. Cheers.

G

Unregistered
Have you had a crack at the tint yourself?

My car came with tint as well and I thought It was going to be a prick of a job. I don't know what type of tint was used, but I could literally pull the film off each window by hand, in one piece (once a corner was lifted).

And the best thing............. not a 'smidge' of residue was left (I didn't even have to wipe the windows after). The whole job took me ~5 minutes to do.

Maybe you'll be as lucky?

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
hmmm something tells me i wont be that lucky. I'm having a crack at it today, if i start failing i'll just take it to a tint place.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
ok. Just called complete auto dismantlers. They wanna charge me $110 to BORROW some stockies. That isnt a deposit, just the fee. Absolute bullshit. So i'm seeing if synergy have a 17" placard and swapping them over. Cant find wheels anywhere else!

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Big thankyou to Darren (1JZX100), for letting me borrow his rims! Was struggling till he helped out. All registered now, members ride thread coming soon, just gotta get to a computer that doesnt want to wipe my cameras memory card.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I had a thought about the plaquard - everyone was saying they have/had 17" on theirs, but this was on a Legnum. It may be possible the Galant test car was never evidence packaged with 17s, thus only 16 on the plaquard?

Anyway, glad to hear it was sorted Justin

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
ok. Just called complete auto dismantlers. They wanna charge me $110 to BORROW some stockies. That isnt a deposit, just the fee. Absolute bullshit. So i'm seeing if synergy have a 17" placard and swapping them over. Cant find wheels anywhere else!

I borrowed those rims for a 30 can block of WEDs when i went to get my car i.d'ed :p They didnt even say anything about coilovers...

The whole tyre placard theing is very dubious, on my v35 it was just a sticker and they put the wrong one on - listing 17" when i had the factory 19", so i got turned down by regency because of that - and also not having the unleaded fuel only sticker on the fuel flap :cursing:

What came of my old rims Justin??

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The sticker relates to the evidence package used by the RAW. There are at least two different ones being used, only ONE of those allows for 16 or 17" rims. Any cars complied under any other evidence package will need 16" rims if the licensing centre is being anal about rim size.

Oh and the compliance package with the 17" rim size also relates to both Galants and Legnums. There's no specific evidence package just for Legnums, they're simply wagon Galants :)

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Your old rims are on my old legnum Dion, which is now sold. Plus they were 17" so would have been no help with the id check haha.

Top Bottom