For Sale NZ 2.7 litre stroker motors

Matt_94

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Matthew
Drive
2000 mitsubishi legnum vr4
I do have one spare crank yes. The long motor is assembled the heads are ported. The car this engine is going into is currently at the fabricators having the single turbo manifolds and downpipe made. Then in February i should have it back to do the fuel system, and finish the wiring for the link ECU. So hopefully not too long before this is running and I get some numbers off it.
Then plan on selling stroked bottom ends if so id be interest to know what sorta price they would be. And paper work for specs on head work that needs doing?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah waiting to see how engine #1 goes first. Already have rods to do a 2nd 2.6 because i had to order 12 rods for the custom order.
However the 2.6 is a tester to see if the stroked crank can take the abuse which is why i used cheap readily available rods and pistons but in doing so it required much machine work to make it all fit. The crank needed heaps of mallory in it to get it to balance after clearancing the counterweights.
The End game is to use a longer rod and a custom piston with a shorter compression height out at 84mm bore and cnc the combustion chambers to suit making it a 2.8L

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Motor went into the car last week. Just have to button up the wiring, breather lines, fuel lines and a few other things like relocating the clutch line and overflow bottle. Not far off having it going now.
20220706_210919.jpg
20220614_221714.jpg

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi VR4 Legnum Type V
Motor went into the car last week. Just have to button up the wiring, breather lines, fuel lines and a few other things like relocating the clutch line and overflow bottle. Not far off having it going now.
Looks promising! Really keen to see what power you'll be putting out. Any particular figures in mind?

Also, if all goes well, would you look at building more? If so, I'd be interested....even if I have to ship to SA haha

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Potentially. Ill see how this one goes first.
Turbos only a little one as its a street car and needs to be responsive but should still be mid 400whp

DimKa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dimitrios
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi VR4 Legnum Type V
Potentially. Ill see how this one goes first.
Turbos only a little one as its a street car and needs to be responsive but should still be mid 400whp
Thats roughly my goal too, so if you could, that'd be great.

Worst case though, I'll just have to steal the recipe šŸ˜‰

bjk

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Billy-Jack
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Turbo is "a little one" as if you couldn't almost fit a whole TD03 into the front of it o:

Manifolds and plenum look sweet as.

Leggie

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cody
Drive
1996 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4
How's this going? I've been out for a few months and was looking forward to more progress! Inspiration for mine.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
20230930_165100.jpg
20230930_184316.jpg
20230930_215730.jpg

20230927_211815.jpg

Well damn. Its been almost a year, but the wiring is done, most of the litte bits a pieces that take 80% of the time like brackets, hoses and mounting stuff is nearing completion.
Cam timing is done with a set of my Billet adjustable cam gears. Hopefully have it running soon!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Niiiiice!! Been a while, wondered how this was going

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Cars been running for about a month now on a conservative run in tune. Owner has been doing some run in KMs. First oil change soon and its booked in for a dyno session on the 20th December so we will be able to throw another 2000rpm , boost and some timing at it soon.

bjk

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Billy-Jack
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
That is stout for not even running on 98! Wonder what it'd do on E85.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah its a shame we dont get it off the pump here in nz or it would be on E85 already. I think the turbos pretty close to tapped out at 460

Top Bottom