260kmh speedo

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Sometimes I need to see what gear I am in. So I think the mods is necessary before I decide what I am gonna do with it ie. with or without gear indicator before cutting job is done. once cut there's no turning back. although i have a spare i wont do the mods twice, and it is expensive mods. Thats just what I thought.

crazydriver81

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Stefan
Drive
Legnum 25 ST-R
Well, if you need a gear indication, you can only make up a one-off thing. The shift knob you linked over on nasioc us working by some sensors if i recall correctly, so that it knows in which gear you are. apparently, this can't be used in the speedo (i.e. use the auto shift/gear led's to light up).

So the easy solution will be, to use such shift knob.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Well, if you need a gear indication, you can only make up a one-off thing. The shift knob you linked over on nasioc us working by some sensors if i recall correctly, so that it knows in which gear you are. apparently, this can't be used in the speedo (i.e. use the auto shift/gear led's to light up).

So the easy solution will be, to use such shift knob.

Hi Stefan, of course the auto shift led must be light up, I wont using lcd indicator, thats rubbish. I want it to look like stock cluster. I will examine what inside the auto speedo first and and decide what to do next. So far I found out the gear position sensor is not easy to put in vr4 gear shifter. I guess the H pattern in vr4 shifter would not be exactly engage with sensor's magnet without extension bracket. the shifter movement is so close to each gear position. the sensor likely fail to point/mixed up gear 1 and 3 and 5 for shifter forward movement, and gear 2 and 4 and R for backward movement. Well we wouldnt know about it unless we try, would we.

Top Bottom