No speedo, temp or fuel gauge :(

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Hey guys, I just swapped in a new auto trans and also had the dash out to replace the heater core fittings. The car drives fine and the transmission is operating as it should. Unfortunately my speedo, temp and fuel gauges are not operating correctly. The speedo and fuel gauges don't move but the temp gauge rises all the way past the H mark after 2-3 mins of running. All the dash lights work as does the tacho and gear display.

I have been playing around with all the loom plugs and checked all the fuses but am not having much luck. Would anyone know which plugs I should focus my attention on? Im thinking ill have to check continuity to the cluster connections.

EDIT: Also its building boost slower than it should but I'm guessing this is an unrelated boost leak issue.

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
Left hand side of the speedo cluster - push it in a little harder and see if it lights up. Could also be the contacts on the dash itself, take it out and clean the contacts with some isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits gently.

Top Bottom