STILL GOT MY SPEEDO PROBLEM, HELP!!

G

Unregistered
Does anyone know if the white/green wire that sends the signal from the gearbox to the speedo change color or joined to another wire. I haven't got a speedo reading and after going to auto electrician who was no hope, gauge works also no help ,buying a new speed sender and speedo cluster which the auto electrician told me to get and still no speed reading. I thought it would have to be the wiring so i would like to by pass that white/green wire to behind the dash,but when i looked there i could see no white/green can anyone help me out!!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I think it is all part of the loom, not 100% sure though. You may be best to post this on clubvr4 as the british guys have to convert their speedo's to MPH and they play with the speedo cables regularly.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Jason,

Just a random thought, there are 2x white-green wires in the console area, one thin - one a little thicker, one is the speedo sensor wire the other is a speaker (L or R) channel wire. Is it possible that someone has spliced into the wrong one fitting an after market stereo. I know from personal experience that this kills the speedo. As I said its a shot in the dark.

G

Unregistered
I'll take a look at that thanks Kat

G

Unregistered
Exactly when did your speedo stop working?
Don't forget the speed sens wire that is in the stereo harness

Top Bottom