3.0L 6G72 in 8G worthwhile?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yes but the 8G over there has different suspension and so on (which isn't completely relevant, but still true)

The Diamante's are the exact same in every way apart from the engine difference.

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
I could not see any reference to a 6A13 being offered in the Diamante, but I only checked wikipedia. It would still be a great project.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I really don't know why i have not seen more 4G63's in Legnums. You can get a 4cyl crossmember from NZ and bolt in.

More easy/reliable power
A rediculous amount of parts available
Lighter with more weight behind the axle
Would prob cost the same as a decent 6A13 build, if not cheaper.

If i was considering getting any power out of my car i would start here.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Paul, are you sure it isn't 6G73, the 2.5L in the 6G7x series?

Scott, you are right in that it is easily to buy bigger turbos and stuff for a 4G63, but the motors tend to sell for about $5k which is quite a lot really. You do save about 20kg of weight in total.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Paul, are you sure it isn't 6G73, the 2.5L in the 6G7x series?

Scott, you are right in that it is easily to buy bigger turbos and stuff for a 4G63, but the motors tend to sell for about $5k which is quite a lot really. You do save about 20kg of weight in total.

No I'm 100% sure!!!! I'm trying to find the supporting info on it now as I just went over my brochures and it only mentioned the base came with a 2L and im POSITIVE it wasn't a 6G71.

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
For a proof of concept I assume you have taken a look at the galant from the states that's had a 3.5 6G74 transplant? Mega tidy, good power and sound results and looks like a big single for FI would be just as "easy" as a 6A13 would.

Top Bottom