frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
So I guess its time to show you where all my money has been going. As a few of you might know, I have a tendancy to waste money where it isn’t required (ie. S-AYC) and ive always had a thing for GTO’s. Decided to pick up an engine out of a half cut a few weeks back (hence why ive been so broke of late) and now that the old 6a13 has been driving me insane, I sped up the conversion progress.

I will go into a bit more detail with more photos during the conversion etc, but I just wanted to say that the difference is huge :D AND – now I can make power with bolt ons, since there is so much available for this awesome engine. As you can see, the swaybar doesnt fit :(

Attachments

• 6g72vr4.jpg
    6g72vr4.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 527

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i call BS

nice photo shop mate

edit: look at the battery and the fuse boxes

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
More April Fools? Haha

WOW! Good work Josh! Looking forward to more pics and info!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
seriously though...i wonder if a 6g75DOHC would bolt on to our gearboxes?

6g > 6a

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
It needs some expensive modifications.. hence why im now broke :p I'll show you a bit closer at the next meet? Or tune day should be fun, looking forward to some numbers.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
You know your supposed to get your april fools jokes in before 12pm. Otherwise they back fire or some shit.

I hope your turbo's don't fall off.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
joke or not, im in queensland. Check your clock minus daylight savings.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
yeah but check the time of the original post lol.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
so, to put it straight, you spent sh!t loads of money on your car and ask everyone else to help you to keep your car running? are you joking?!and if that conversion is real, kinda silly dont you think to drop a different orientated engine and cram it all in there? what driveline are you using for that?

btw.. thanks for keeping your words in returning my seals.. I received them last week..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Looks GREAT! Can I get one for the Risto..............

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Didn't you pm me earlier this weeking asking about 6g7x stuff for a project car? :)

Either way, and ignoring the april fools side of things, that 8G front on the 7G shows that swaps are possible, someone in the Caribbean installed a 6G72TT into a 7G Galant about 4 years ago, so it wouldn't be impossible to put one into an 8G if you really really wanted to!

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
You will save money with bolts ons, but doesn't the cost of doing the engine conversion negate any saving you might make on parts?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Should've used the DOHC 6G74 instead ;) I used to have one too...stupidly sold it.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
All I can say is WOW! I never thought it was possible but there's proof... good work mate. No firewall beating required?? I'm keen to see what power figure is achieved on stock specs.

Top Bottom