350z horrible body shop experience

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Old school but still one of most epic threads of 2008.

Members from the forum took matters into their own hands and gathered outside the workshop asking for the owner to come out. When he didn't come out they smashed the windows and threw molotov cocktails at the premises.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Old school but still one of most epic threads of 2008.

Members from the forum took matters into their own hands and gathered outside the workshop asking for the owner to come out. When he didn't come out they smashed the windows and threw molotov cocktails at the premises.

hell yeah, about time snotbags got what they deserved.

screws? into the body? holy sheet!

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
yeah fkn horrible what they did. wood screws!!

wtf

G

Unregistered
That's INSANE! I'm a first year apprentice painter, and i've never had anything come out anywhere near that bad, and i've done a respray on a 180sx with an s15 front end. That is terrible :(

G

Unregistered
They probably broke all the clips off so had no other way to attach it :(

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Oh my god it looks beautiful completed!

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
ok i just read like all 93 pages, took me like 5 hours lol Those pics don't do it justice the colour is damn nice!

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
They probably broke all the clips off so had no other way to attach it :(

The kit came with double sided tape. He ended up using wood/metal screws, the double sided tape(without removing the protecting film), looks like ply wood(to fill gaps between car and kit) some glue(sikaflex looking). And also because the skirt wouldnt fit properly. The shop cut a T shape under the B pillar of the skirt and hammered the metal back if that makes sense :S

NIGHTMARE!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Man the screws...and the gaps...and the overspray...what a disaster! How could the guy who did this even have the balls to hand over such a half ass job. Nothing more than a thief. Looks like a 10 year old was let loose with a car, a bodykit and his dads toolbox.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I read this a while back, its pretty shocking. Its not really like the shop did a half ass job, its more like the shop tried really really really hard to **** the car up!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah you're not wrong. I mean things like the door not fitting properly, and the wood inserted for a better fit, and well EVERYTHING...I reckon i could do a better job installing a body kit and i've had no experience whatsoever.
lol maybe the bodyshop guy got his son in for the day and thought it'd be a laugh to let him go nuts on a customers car.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
This is what the car looks like now after over a year getting it repaired.
ViennaZ.jpg

ViennaZ1.jpg

ViennaZ2.jpg

The rear has -7 camber.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Off topic but I saw a person filing up there 350Z with E10 this afternoon. Can't be good for the motor. I was going to say something but I wasn't sure that it didn't say you could use E10 in the owners hand book. Regardless I wouldn't use it.

Back on topic. The suspension would want to be plenty stiff or you'd be in trouble driving around the local roads in Redland Bay. I'd say that the rim lip would catch on the guard.

Top Bottom