Wanted NSW 6a13 Alternator Urgent

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
As per title. Alternator has died. Got my car home with another battery. Put the multi on it and sure enough 1 seccond its 13.8v then started dropping and dropping. All the way to 12.5. It's probably just the regulator as I'm sure I was getting spikes as my radio was turning on and off. Fan speed on my aircon was goin nuts randomly speeding up then slowing back down. And minor surgeing at constant throttle.

Name a price can contact me on 0404406743
Even if its just a loaner and when I reco mine u can have it back. Thanks in advance. Dan

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Damn my old one went in the bin when I moved house last month sorry mate.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Bump.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Bump still looking. Unfortunately it's been misplaced. So still on the hunt.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I have a spare 100A that came with an engine that I bought - I was told that it works but have not tested for myself. Make a reasonable offer and it is yours; the one condition would be that if it doesn't work I will refund you minus the postage cost (so your risk would only be the cost of postage). (It is in SA)
WP_20130527_011.jpg

Can contact me on 0417 183 819 to speed things up if you like

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Replied pm

G

Unregistered
May also be chasing one soon! Will let you guys know in about 45 minutes

G

Unregistered
I think it us just a rooted battery.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Ill let you know what I track down.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Mivec fto is ur best option if cant track a vr4 alt down. I will be getting my old alt reconditioned. Ill even try and get it updated to maybe 120-130 amps. If I got it back in time I may sell it on exchange and redo the next 1. Ill see If my auto elec will be interested.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Mine is dicking about too. Working one minute, not charging the next. Cold weather makes it really bad.

Mine crapped out when it got hot. 43deg day with air con running didn't like it much. That arvo goin to the shops getting last minute things for Xmas day, did the shopping came out and all I got was ticking. Dammit. Got a mate to bring a battery to get me home as I was only 5 mins away.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
I can get it rebuilt for about 300. Or aftermarket for about $350. These are rough prices till the suppliers reopen.

Like I said best bet is mivec fto 6a12 as I have just done this.
In these pics our alt is the bottom 1. Notice the tab is on the wrong leg. I just ground it off
gy6u6e3u.jpg

atysy6y5.jpg

8yhyre4e.jpg

G

Unregistered
How much stuff had to come out to get it in?
If I do mine I will make a guide :D

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Basically jack it up. Remove right front wheel and splashguard. Remove alternator belt and tensioner. Undo loom from alternator. Undo top alt bolt. Undo bottom alt bolt. Drop it down to access the main battery terminal and remove( should have said disconnect battery first. ). Undo alternator ba racket from front of motor and little plastic cover over the timing belt tensioner. Now u should be able to work the alt out in the gap over the driveshaft.

Top Bottom