A Subaru I'd own

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Holy S**t! An actual S402 for sale?! And only delivery kms....
Damn our stupid aussie laws on importing :( sigh!

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hmmm $70,000 plus wouldnt it be if you could do it, is it worth it

still only around the same power as the vr4 isnt it ?

they are a nice looking car just a pitty they are so much dearer.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Trounced - You are talking about a car ~10 years newer than a VR4, a very limited edition and a damn sight better looking (IMO). If there were a curent version VR4 that was a limited release with Brembo's, forged engine, Bilstein suspension etc, then maybe you would have something to compare...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
04_s402_sub_leg_450-op.jpg

Subaru is taunting us again with yet another limited-edition model that we'll likely never see Stateside. The Legacy STI S402 will be limited to (appropriately) 402 units in both sedan and wagon trim, featuring the STI's turbocharged, 2.5-liter flat-four. Unlike some of the other "special" Subies, the S402 Legacy means business. To begin with, the front fenders have been widened by 20mm, the steering ratio has been reduced to 13:1 and Bilstein shocks are fitted at all four corners, along with 18-inch BBS wheels wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE050A rubber. The brakes have been upgraded to units from Brembo, with six-piston calipers up front and two-pot calipers in the rear gripping upgraded rotors. Aside from all the required badging, Subaru has fitted new gauges to the IP, along with a MOMO steering wheel and aluminum shift knob.

Sales begin in Japan on June 27th, with prices starting ¥5,491,500 for the wagon and ¥5,355,000 for the sedan. We'll take one of each, thank you very much.

Plenty of photo's here:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/subaru-legacy-sti-s402/

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn that looks SEXY

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Well it'd be more than $80K NZD to buy it even in Japan...

I've seen a couple go through auction, not cheap obviously.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
You can't bring one to Aus can you? :(

Not that I can afford it, just curiousity

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Sure you can bring it, but you cant register it for road use.

Sif not drive it round anyway though? :/

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Pretty sure nobody would know that it wasn't a local model!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
The problem is you'd still spend $100K for a Subaru that most people don't know exists or realise how rare and valuable they are. If it didn't have matching numbers, then it wouldn't be worth anything in terms of resale either.

That's R35 GT-R money right there, and I know which one I'd rather have...

G

Unregistered
Crazy idea, wouldn't you be able to bring it in as parts and transfer everything on to standard Legacy chassis? I know it would be a HUGE job, and in the end it would be a Legacy with S402 parts, but at least it would be registrable in Australia :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There are actually 3 on Goonet at the moment, all of them are around the same price.

I would have one though as I really do like that shape, in particular the glass D Pillar's. I'm not a fan of the front end though, the VR-4 does look better overall mainly due to the front. Much much more aggressive.

The reason I like those is that they are lighter than VR-4's, have 6 speed gearboxes and are much newer. I do doubt the value though, my VR-4 would absolutely spank a stock S402!

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
I'd rather this -

6290219.jpg

2002 Outback. Lowered with Impreza STi struts and Liberty crossmembers. V3 STi conversion (8500rpm redline) with full intake, exhaust, FMIC, etc. 4pot front brakes. JDM black leather interior. etc etc. $23k
That model Legacy is still the best looking Subaru to date.
That will probably stay that way too.

Top Bottom