Aftermarket suspension component options

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
get Bilstein coilovers with full size springs and they won't even be noisy :)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Sorry if this is a stupid question, where do you actually buy coilovers for these cars from? Or do you just wait for them to pop up in the for sale section...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Second hand: This forum, Ebay, Yahoo Japan
New: Ebay, easy to find BC Racing e.g. their own website, Garage7 etc.

Range has diminished with the age of these cars but it's not hard to find a new set for sale still.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
All I know is as soon as I ordered rear struts to replace my old leaking ones, 3 full sets of coilovers appeared for sale on this forum for less than the cost of the 2 struts... Since then, I've seen nothing on here lol.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Presume ISC are still doing their range also?

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Not sure what the deal is with people saying coilovers quell bodyroll. It doesn't really, upgraded swaybars is what makes the difference. That is their dedicated job, not coilovers.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
But stiffer springs will reduce body roll as well. personally I prefer swaybars to do the primary work of that and keep the spring rate down but you can go the other way (which is usually the jdm approach)

G

Unregistered
I can vouch for coilovers stopping body roll.
My mates supra had THE stiffest coilovers on the planet, zero body roll, also terrible to drive on the road though, hitting and bumps on dips or anything would bounce you all over the place, even into different lanes sometimes. Sway bars are a way better way to do it :)

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
So what options are available in after market sway bars?

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Ask Streeter for Cusco ones from Japan. They weren't too badly priced. I have a rear 24mm bar in mine.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
I organised a group buy for these back in 2008 from Superior Suspension.
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/eoi-group-buy-upgraded-anti-roll-bars-from-superior-suspension.4024/
The only thing i'd add if you've got a Legnum, then massage the spare tyre support a little otherwise the rear will hit it. Not a big deal, it'll bend it out of the road eventually ( the support) Galants don't have them.
The bars were made for a galant , but i think they've since update the rear for Leggy.

Can you still get those bars brand new though?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Contact them and find out. If not call whiteline with the codes, they may have something even if the website says no

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Iirc it was the v2 arm bar that I had clearance issues with aftermarket downpipes / frontpipes

Top Bottom