Alarm Install - In-need of wiring diagrams

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

Got an alarm im going to put in the legnum, Its a Two Way remote start etc all the bells and whistles. Gf got it from china, we have just been translating the installation manual, and now just need some wiring diagrams for the legnum/galant.

The systems i need are:
- Ignition/Starter Electrical Diagram
- Fuel Pump Wiring location/diagram
- Central Locking Electrical diagram or location of trigger points

They are the main three that i require, If any one has any copies please let me know, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Brent

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Yeah I know, it just would make it easier to know the locations of the looms that i need to tap into, saves a lot of hunting...

Thanks

G

Unregistered
if you dont get a wiring diagram & if you encounter any problems pm me.

ill help ya out anyway i can.

if you go into mits dealer and talk to the mechanic, he might be able to assist.
they sometimes have a database full of these wiring diagrams.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Are you sure you want to trust the security of your Legnum to a cheap Chinese alarm. One that your not even sure how to install. If your insurance specifies a alarm and your car is stolen your not covered. Has to be Australian Standards alarm installed by a licensed installer.

G

Unregistered
insurance approved alarms needs to have a two point immobilizer as a minimum requirement unless stated otherwise from insurance company ie. specific brand or model.

but it should be fine as its already a two point immobilizer.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
And black wiring.

And the big one which is missed because it doesn't get checked is "Installed to Australian Standards". Which means well hidden.

You want a good alarm and install get into contact with Chris Rogers,

Chris Rogers
Audio Express - Brisbane.
1300 283 469 - BH
0407-102-839 -Mb
07-3256-7741 - fax
www.audioexpress.com.au

he gets on this forum and had done a few Legnum's now so he knows his way around them.

G

Unregistered
anyone with wiring diagrams thou?

iam sure of it that a mits dealer should be able to supply.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
hey guys,

i dont need an alarm for shannons they dont specify anything, i just want it for keyless entry and remote start.

the alarm is a premium steel mate alarm same as supplied to aus.

regards,
brent

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
I still would not bother. the RF antenna will die on that OR the remotes will come unstuck.

futher to this - the car you have runs a data system on the CDL. they are not that easy to work through if you do not know the car.

if you have the keyless entry system and it controls the windows then you have this system.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Anyone help with trigger for central locking?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers,
brent

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
what do you mean you dont need an alarm for Shannons ?

im with shannons and All shannons insurance specifies a 3 point immobilizer as a minimum. they dont seem to care what brand as long as its an australian standard and poperly fitted, thats for all japanese high performance import cars.

i would be checking with your insurance company before you assume they dont need one. i doubt that would be the case

G

Unregistered
with insurance companies don't they need to be installed by certified installers provided by the insurance company?

iam sure of this... and the alarm needs to be approved with insurance ... correct me if iam wrong

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
+1 and I fit alarms to a LOT of jap imports. shannons, just cars and vigil are the ones that specify Oz stds alarm.

locks are data driven. if you have electronics knowledge find the relays and drop a neg pulse on them.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I think what Brent meant was... Shannon wasn't 'specific' with the brand of alarm..

but of course it should adhere to 'Australian Standards'

Top Bottom