Any fitness guys on here???

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well im forced to make changes. Got some blood results back yesterday and i have a fatty liver so i have to stay off the junk food and energy drinks and start riding to work or start an exercise regime. Everything is starting to sag and its getting me depressed so i have to do something.

I'm off to the doctor's again tomorrow morning. Had a major anxiety attack when I went to have a blood test & need to see if anything can be done about it.
If it's any consolation dude, you're not the only one here with your situation. I'm in the same boat too. Helps to get it off your chest though, rather than suppressing it down like I was doing. I felt a huge sense of relief when I finally opened my mouth about it.

There's no shame here...

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Good thread this one. Been watching and reading.

Brad, i hope you're okay.
What's bringing on the anxiety attacks?

I used to get major anxiety attacks as well. Sweating from the forehead and all.
I've finally learned how to control it by eating healthier and trying to remain calm and relaxed during sticky situations.
Deep breathing really works well.

Getting back into competitive mixed martial arts has really helped me with overcoming anxiety.

My goal is to be able to compete in Pride FC and then UFC by 2015.

Here's me now.
With my left ear stapled back on during training after half of it was ripped off (white uniform) :D

dim_dee_blll_e.jpg

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
No disrespect Zach, but holding a particular qualification doesn't necessarily mean someone knows what they're talking about. I am in no way suggesting that you DON'T (I don't know one way or the other, as I have no information from which to judge) - I'm just saying that being able to pass some exams and obtain a certification in a particular field really doesn't prove anything with regards to experience or knowledge of the field. For example, the vast majority of Australian universities have a policy for not failing international students, as they are the primary source of funding. So there are tens of thousands of people out there with degrees that aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

So as Joel said, feel free to weigh in with some suggestions of your own at some point :)

Don't worry I don't take offence... I agree with you most PTs I know are not worth the paper that their certification is written on... The PT industry is a joke the Australian Institue of fitness is a joke... Their PTs are rushed through the system with the barest amount of knowledge. Needless to say i didnt go through them.

Its the main reason I became a PT because most of the ones I have seen in my life are shit. Hell sometimes when i go to the gym and I see some things that PTs are getting their clients to do... well to cut it short it sickens me.

However I am not one of those lol.... I have spent most of my life playing football and competing in athletics and cross country running.

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
Good thread this one. Been watching and reading.

Brad, i hope you're okay.
What's bringing on the anxiety attacks?

I used to get major anxiety attacks as well. Sweating from the forehead and all.
I've finally learned how to control it by eating healthier and trying to remain calm and relaxed during sticky situations.
Deep breathing really works well.

Getting back into competitive mixed martial arts has really helped me with overcoming anxiety.

My goal is to be able to compete in Pride FC and then UFC by 2015.

Here's me now.
With my left ear stapled back on during training after half of it was ripped off (white uniform) :D

dim_dee_blll_e.jpg

Wait PRIDE FC? wasnt that closed down 2 years ago?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Holy shit dude your ear was ripped half off??? Damn I can see the blood!

Well, I've had bad anxiety for years since a bad car accident. I also do not like needles, & blood. They all clashed together & triggered a huge attack.
I've tried the deep breathing stuff, but it didn't really have an effect. There's a thing you can get called Rescue Remedy which funnily does have a small effect. You spray it twice on your tongue & gives you a quick relief.
Sitting in traffic also triggers it (I was hit bad from behind when stationary & hit the car in front of me from the impact). Hence why I moved out of Sydney & changed jobs. It also helped calm down the nerves not having to drive to Sydney everyday, but I'm naturally a nervy person so it's been hard to live with that.

I'm trying to change diet too. Am reducing the kilojoule & calorie & sugar intake, plus drinking plenty of water.

Strangely, driving on our cruises & fanging it around in our Legnums is completely anxiety-free for me though....

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
That's good to hear.
You're on the right track now!

Have you ever thought about taking up weight lifting Brad?
You've got a good frame for it and pretty broad shoulders already.

I know you might not have much time due to work and family commitments but even if you invest in some second hand weights off Ebay and train every second night at home, you could be a tank. Like Trevor :p

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Have you ever thought about taking up weight lifting Brad?
You've got a good frame for it and pretty broad shoulders already.
you could be a tank.

lol, so I could be a tank just like my username haha. My arms are pretty puny lol..

yea weight lifting will be part of my routine too. Also getting some money together for a mountain bike. Those things aren't cheap damnit.
Was looking for a one of them mini-gym things I can set up at home. My job just isn't going to allow me to go to a gym to workout my hours fluctuate too much.

generalboozy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joshua
Drive
new: 98 Leggy Vr4 old: nissan 200sx, honda integra, toyota corona....now i've seen the light.
i've got a mountain bike i don't really use anymore, i only bought it cuz i started riding to work (used to detail and wash cars near my house)....not amazingly keen to sell it but also always keen for some random cash. paid 280 for it second hand and the gears are a bit BLEH. I've crc'ed them but they could use a couple of new sprockets, otherwise it's in good nick and tires are sweet. i'll even throw in a free tire pump for these french valves (some special different valves, i don't know anythin bout push bikes....)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Thanks for the offer dude, but I might pass on it :)

I just got back from the doctor's with some valium tablets to take before I try another blood test. They're also going to try & take it from my hand this time...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Thanks for the offer dude, but I might pass on it :)

I just got back from the doctor's with some valium tablets to take before I try another blood test. They're also going to try & take it from my hand this time...

G

Unregistered
Motivation!! If you don't have it, then it won't work for you.

I train 6 days a week,alternating each day with Sunday as my rest day, I also don't let weather ruin my training, I'll use items around the house to get a workout out.

3 days I ride to the Gym(free) then do a free weights circuit with deadlifts and squats thrown in. With the bike ride, I take the the shortest route in then the long way home, throwing in some hill climbs.
The other three days I run to my daughters school, around 1.7km there, so 3.4km return, and use the bodyweight circuit they have set up for public use. I do heaves, dips, push ups(standard, inclined and diamond) hanging leg raises, inclined situps and core stability exercises. I also do 10x50m shuttle runs running forward and backwards.
With all my workouts I do 3 sets of 12 then Max for the 4th. I make sure that my workouts also focus and posture and correct technique.
As I have a previous lower back injury, which comes and goes, I do alot of stretching also to keep it all supple.
Plus I ride to and from work.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OK a small update from a big man lol

Just with the small changes I've made so far, I've so far lost 2kgs.
Not much, but at least the weight has finally started going down rather than up....

G

Unregistered
good stuff mate.

i've currently started a protein diet and in the first week i lost 1.9kgs and in the 2nd week i lost 1.6kgs, am yet to weigh in for my 3rd week but suspect about another 1kg or so. the first 3 days are pretty hard but once u get past those, its relatively easy to maintain the diet and food intake, and its also a maintainence program as well so even though you lose weight (you only lose weight until you hit ur ideal kg) you then start the maintainence side of the diet and eating regularly but the weight stays off. not only have I lost weight, but ive leaned out as well so muscle tone/definition is starting to show! I'm currently on 78.1kgs (morning weigh in, underwear only) and thats the first time i've been under 80kg since i was 20yrs old (am no 26), i normally hover around the 83-85kg, but did get as high as 98kg at one stage! I am by no means skinny and am only 5'10" tall so not tall and lanky. I've got a tiny amount of abdominal "flab" left and then its continuing on with muscle/weight gain...doing pretty well so far.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
^ Cool. I had a lapse last weekend & had 3 mini Flake bars as I had my niece & nephew over, but apart from that I've been resisting temptations.

Been hitting the weights too: lugging my 40kg 'portable' (lol) air conditioner up & down the stairs of my townhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mucho sweating ensued haha

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Minor update: Weighed myself on 2 different scales & I've lost nearly 8kgs so far. That's without really ramping it up at all, just diet changes.

Just got down to my parent's house & the first thing mum says is "have you been dieting? You've lost some weight there..." lol

Top Bottom