frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Awesome results. Noticeable posture improvement in the side profile shots too, clearly fixed some hip rotation issues.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Thanks. Since the challenge ended I adjusted my diet to maintain a reasonable weight (72kg). It was basically the same diet with some flavour added to my meals, like cottage cheese with omelettes and natural peanut butter with oats. I was also able to have a social life again and go out for coffee/dessert with friends. I was able to maintain this weight without too much trouble until the end of last year when I went on holiday.

Since I've been back I'm been trying to consume 3000 calories a day when training and around 2500 on rest days. I'm trying to build muscle over the next 6 months now that I understand nutrition a lot more. It's a struggle; as soon as you finally finish a relatively large meal, you only have an hour or so until you have to eat again. Where with the shredding diet you really appreciate food as you miss it, when trying to bulk, food loses its appeal. So far I've been putting on about half a kg a week and now up to 75kg. Unfortunately my abs are now gone lol.

For anyone interested in doing the challenge this year, you can register now for updates. It will start around July. The forums and meal/training plans are already up if you wanted to try them out.
http://www.challengeforum.com.au/forum.php

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
G

Unregistered
I would love to, however I have just had both my shoulders reconstructed again, 3rd time left and 2nd time right (yes that's right, 5 shoulder recos) unfortunately I am back to square minus 100.

I will be starting Physio on Monday (6 weeks post op) and hopefully back in the gym the following week, cracking out the big 1kg dumbells.

It is hugely demoralising and a massive hit to you physically and mentally to have so many years of personal development destroyed through injury, but I have never been keener to come back and peak again.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
There was a guy last year who had a back operation at the start of the challenge so wasn't able to exercise at all throughout the challenge. He was super strict with his diet and got great results, even making Top 50.

Top Bottom